one

"ugh, i told you to grab me the salt. why are you so useless?" minho's mom joked as she rolled her eyes, but little did she know, that statement made him believe he actually is useless.

"yeah, i should just disappear right?" minho muttered, thankfully inaudible.

it was obvious that minho has an untreated mental illness but his mother doesn't believe in mental illnesses. even with his obvious symptoms, she doesn't want to accept the fact that her son is 'not okay in the head' when it's obvious that there's a chemical imbalance of neurotransmitters between nerve cells in the brain. so they never got it checked out. minho's mother's harsh words aren't helping him either. but despite everything, he loved and still loves his mother dearly.

maybe i should just kill myself, no one would notice anyway, minho thought as he looks over to his mother, unbothered by the fact that she called her son useless. it was not the first time for him to think like this and it was not new to anyone either. everyone thought he was just overreacting, attention seeking, dramatic or the three of them combined. the way the society works saddened minho. no one wanted to help him nor do they want to be by his side. no one wants to listen to what he has to say. it made him feel like his opinions and feelings are invalid.

minho slowly went to his room and locked the door. he stopped, sunk down and curled himself against the door while hugging his knees. minho sighed thinking about what his mother had told him. am i really useless to everybody?

a notification from his phone made him look up. ignoring it, he got up from the cold floor and flopped onto his bed with a heavy sigh. an idea came to his mind as he dashed down to the kitchen, looking for ice cream to eat while watching netflix. minho hoped there was still leftover ice cream but unfortunately, there was none.

"mom, im heading out to get ice cream!" he yelled but there was no response.

minho stepped outside, locking the door behind him. even in his warm clothes, he still shivered due to the unpredictable weather in the streets of seoul. the wind had a scent. it was autumn and the smell of dead leaves falling to the ground to its end spread. the weather comparing to summer's preferably wanted by netizens; obvious by the gleaming faces — passing by him.

the bell rung as the door opens. the sudden presence caught the workers' attention but went to their work afterwards. minho went to the ice cream section and realized that there was one left of the ice cream he wanted. maybe it was his lucky day? as he went to grab the ice cream tub, it was suddenly been taken by somebody else.

minho looked up and was mesmerized by the person's look but was still mad because the person took the ice cream he wanted. as foreign and absolutely divine the young boy's face is, not to the person was it as foreign as minho made it seem to be. divine but ethereal. his presence already screaming ethereal, so fragile; oh how nobody knows. it seemed to radiate around him and it's as if the person could even see the word around cycling through his blood.

"excuse me," minho tried to play it cool.

"um, excuse you alright. i grabbed this ice cream first," the older rolled his eyes as he pulled the ice cream closer to him, as a sign that it's his possession now.

"i saw it first, so back off," minho grabbed the ice cream from the latter.

in a swift move, the older grabbed the ice cream from minho's grip and sighed, "how about this, we buy this ice cream and eat at my place? it's a win-win for both of us."

"what do you mean it's a 'win-win'? more like a lose-win. no fucking way, dude. i'm not going to any stranger's house."

"then, don't. i'm not forcing you... but," the older smirked as an idea popped up in his mind, "i'm buying this ice cream for myself," he continued, still smirking.

"fine then, i'll come over BUT you're paying,"

the older smiled showing his dimples which minho find cute, "i forgot to introduce myself, i'm chan,"

a/n
idk how to write anym but AAAA im finally back