Chapter 3 - A friend?

We were driving in a direction I don't know of, it was silent until the figure decided to speak. "We're just going to pick subject 140 up as well," and with that we arrived to a shelter similar to mine. "Stay seated, whatever happens do not remove yourself from the vehicle," he said and I obeyed. He got out and knocked on the door, with that it opened with a gun pointed down but ready to make a swift shot. 'Hello?' I see him. I can't see what the agent was saying but it's probably his opening line. 'Why should I trust you? A random guy in a suit arrives at my door? What is this Men In Black?" I see the lipsync of the man. The man was somewhere between muscular and lean, brown hair and brown eyes.

Finally, he gives in and exits his shelter with a bag like me. I remove my bag from the seat next to me to my lap, making room for the guy to sit down. The door opens and in he gets. "Hey, you a fellow scavenger?" He looks over and says, "umm.... yeah" I say. He turns to the front of the car and says "hey, Agent 27?" The man in the suit looks in the mirror of the car, "please, call me Dom," he responded. "Well, Dom I have a few questions for you. One, how did you know where we would be? Two, how long is the journey?" The guy I was next to asked, interrupted with a question I had myself, "oh! And three, you call this fella next to me subject 140, are you tracking us or something?" The person I associated 'fella' with turned to me with a confused, all I did was wait for Dom to answer our questions. "Okay, so: one links with three, as I've told you both I work for the government so we know every person dead or alive, infected or not in our country, so we've been sent to reach the uncontaminated people. As many would believe, people may share a name with others so instead of saying names they're subjects. And two, we will be there in half an hour," Dom answered as he kept his attention to driving.

Me and the person next to me started to talk and he's a really nice individual. His names Martin, and he's really funny and smart. He would get along well with my best mate, Ella! If she were alive... Ella was my best friend and I have to say was as she's gone. That's a story for another day though, but soon enough we arrive to the most beautiful place I've seen in 3 years.