【Chapter 18】

The rest of our week went by uneventful school, runs and Sweets and I working on our secret project

The rest of our week went by uneventful school, runs and Sweets and I working on our secret project. Today was the day I finally got to go visit my dad I can't even remember the last time I hugged him. That's something you take for granted, the embrace of a parent. But I couldn't wait to have that back today. Anytime I went to see him before it was always through glass.

Toni and I spent the night together and I told her I would take her to school before going to visit my dad. "Are you nervous for your visit?" She asks as she's doing her hair. "Kinda, I guess more anxious to be able to give him a hug but other than that I'm ready."

I say staring at her "what are you looking at?" She says looking back at me through the mirror. "Nothing just enjoying my view." I say with a smirk on my face. She blushes and a smile takes over her face.

She finishes getting ready, Juggy left to school with Kato and Duke already. I grab the keys to my Challenger and we are off. Our typical car rides always consist of singing along to whatever comes on the radio, holding hands and laughing. Whatever this is with Toni and I we're going strong still, I'm at my happiest with her.

I pull into the parking lot and take her to our new spot we claimed the day we started here. "Don't try to miss me too much." I say as I lean over to give her a kiss. "I'll try not to brat." She says kissing me back. "Tell your dad we all say hi." She says as she grabs her bag from the backseat. "I will, have a good day babe." "You too baby." She says giving me a final kiss before getting out of the car.

The process of getting into a visitation is ridiculously long. Metal detectors, searches, it reminds me of trying to get into Southside when we still went there. But after 20 minutes I'm led to a room that has a table and two vending machines. I take a seat and I wait in silence. Now that I'm here I'm starting to get nervous.

About 10 minutes later the door opens a guard in front as he steps aside I see my dad. He uncuffs him and locks the door behind him. I run over to my dad and throw my arms around him. I don't know why but I began to cry. "There's my baby girl." My dad says as he holds me and gives me a kiss on my head. As tough as I have to be, being in my dad's arms made me feel safe. We stay hugging for at least a few minutes before we separate and take a seat. 

"You look great dad." I say taking in my dad's new figure. He's always been in shape, but this time around he's bulked up muscles are more defined. His skin is nice and clear, he looks like a whole new man. "Thanks baby girl, I've been working out twice a day everyday lately."

"I heard about initiation and how you handled it from the guys. They were extremely impressed. I'm so proud of you baby girl." My dad wasn't one to constantly praise Jug or I growing up. But when he did you know he meant every single word. "It was a lot tougher than I thought. But I got it done." I say proudly.