【Chapter 35】

When I came home from work I walked into my bedroom and seen a key on the bed

When I came home from work I walked into my bedroom and seen a key on the bed. I knew it was Jade's I looked in the closet and all of her clothes were gone, the bathroom all her toiletries gone. This was like the metaphorical nail in the coffin, this was my reality my actions caused this. Tears instantly began to fall, I haven't slept since that night, the night I broke her heart. This was the last thing I expected to happen today.

I had texted and called her every day since it happened, I knew better than to think I would get a response from her. But I wanted her to know she was on my mind daily. She didn't go to school at all this week I prayed every day that I would see her walk through the halls. Her cars and bike were no longer parked in front of the Jones trailer.

It made me think where could she have gone. Sweet Pea and Fangs had taken over at the bar and delegating the runs the young Serpents went on. It was like after Saturday Jade vanished off the face of the Earth.

When Friday came I wasn't expecting to see her for the meeting she had called, earlier in the week Sweet Pea and Fangs said they would be running it for her instead. Once the meeting started I seen her office door open, and there she was, Jade wearing dark black aviator sunglasses stood at the top of the stairs for a moment before walking down towards the stage. As she got closer I could see she visibly looked thinner.

Her unusual appearance killed me I wanted to rush the stage and tell her how sorry I was. But I knew I wouldn't make it close, I can't even lie and say I listened to a word she said during the meeting. It was like my ears stopped working, my vision became like tunnel vision everything around me went dark. She was the only thing I could focus on.

After the meeting was over Sweet Pea and Fangs immediately escorted her out of the bar which had never happened before. And I knew they were only trying to protect her from one person, me.

 Still as she walked passed me I grabbed a hold of her wanting to get her attention. I wanted to talk, to explain myself. She turned towards me and only had one thing to say to me "don't" her voice was weak. The strong, fearless woman I grew up with, who I had fallen for wasn't the person standing in front of me.

An emotionally battered and bruised woman now stood before me. As soon as that one word fell from her lips I let go of her. I didn't want to cause anymore pain than I already did. She got on her bike and sped away.

"Toni you need to leave her alone, let her deal with things before you make things worse." Fangs said standing with along side Sweet Pea.

"I'm trying to Fangs, look at her, look at the weight she's lost, the sunglasses obviously covering her eyes for a reason those were never something she wore on a regular basis. I did that to her I'm trying to make things right. I want to fix things. I love her." I say beginning to cry.

"And you know what she's going to say to you Toni, anything you guys had you more than likely ruined. Quit calling, quit texting. All that's going to do is make her hate you even more than she does right now. She needs time to figure shit out. You weren't the only one that betrayed her that weekend. Let her be. When and if she's ready to talk she'll reach out." Sweet Pea replies taking a drink from his beer.

"What do you mean I'm not the only one that betrayed her. What are you talking about?" I asked worryingly. "Not my place to say anything, I already said too much." Sweet Pea responds. "Can you at least tell me if she's in some kind of danger?" I ask folding my arms together "no she's not in danger."