One- Difficulty.

Third person pov

Ever since he was a child Keith didn't fully grasp reality. He never understood people or what they did.

Especially soulmates.
He didn't get it.

And ever since an accident left him scarred emotionally and physically, he just started hating people.
He hated everyone. He didn't want to understand anymore.

He never really had a good childhood, only little memories with his mother.

But now he lives with two men called Shiro and Adam.
He was around 10 when he moved in with them. He was a lonely child in the broken system that no one wanted, but they did.
They took him in, less as their child and more their brother to protect.

They new Keith's story and wanted to make him better. They wanted to help him since no one else was going to.

Now he's about 16 years old.

One of the few blind people in the whole world. Your eyes are extremely strong and resilient because of the power of a soulmate. Most people who are blinded are old and their soulmate has died.
But Keith wasn't that.
He was a young boy that was a victim of needless violence.

Not many people know of what happened to Keith, Shiro and Adam basically threatened legal action if they didn't take down the news articles, posts, videos, everything to do with his past.
Keith didn't want to have the whole world know HIS story. It's his to tell.
Not everyone else's.

Even though he's been through so much pain and heartache, even though he doesn't want to be a part of humanity, he still wants to be normal. Like everyone else.

But the one thing every normal person has to do is go to school.

And he had only just gotten back from his day in hell.

He slammed the door shut behind him, kicking off his boots and throwing his key in a little porcelain leaf bowl they put next to the front door.
He leaving slumped his backpack against the door.
This has become so much of a routine he could hit the same spots each time, sometimes Shiro has to move them if he misses the leaf or he kicks his shoes in the way of a door by accident.
He doesn't tell Keith though.

Keith had a mental map of the house and there are little banisters and poles around the house leading into different rooms so he knows how to get there easily. Each pole and banister has a different texture for the different rooms.

It annoyed him that he needed them but preferred it too falling face first and getting lost.

"Hey Keith!" He heard a shout from the kitchen. Keith quickly held the pole he knew from the slightly grainy feeling was for the kitchen and with its help went to the kitchen.

"How was school Keith?" He spoke as he was cooking a simple meal. Normally Adam cooked because Shiro is a bit rubbish but Keith just eat it and pretended it was nice.
You can't hurt shiros feelings. He's a pure bean.

Keith found the table and sat down. He sighed and put his head on the table. "Rough day huh?" Shiro spoke as he placed a plate in front of Keith and then in front of himself as he sat down.
"Adams going to be out late today, so you're going to be stuck with me," he chuckled as Keith just looks up for a second and then puts his head back down.

"Come on Keith... at least eat," Shiro always made an effort so Keith eats. In the past Keith had issues with his body, he felt like since he couldn't see himself, he was always looking terrible and kept loosing the motivation to eat, feeling that there was no point to anything. And since Keith had gotten over that, Shiro always made sure he was eating his foods.

"I'm not hungry Shiro... I'm just tired," Keith spoke quietly as he rested his head in his hands. "Please Keith. You know me and Adam worry about you," he spoke gently pulling a hand away from his face. "I know... I swear I'm okay. Just had a long day," he tried to smile.
It was a lie.
He wasn't okay.
He was giving up a little more every day.

"Okay Keith... I'll help you too your room but... promise me you'll eat later? And that you'll start talking to us more," he spoke gently as he held one of Keith's hand comfortingly.
"Sure. Just take me to my room please..."

Keith felt weak. He could barely do anything himself. He can't easily go to new places, he needs someone there to guide him; he can't do school work without someone reading what's on the paper since no one thought it was a good idea to make work Keith can do alone.

He basically forced Adam and Shiro to move into a bungalow so Keith wouldn't have to risk stairs since he knew he would tumble down at least once and Shiro hated the idea of Keith getting hurt.

Keith had met a boy when he first started his current school. Pidge. He later found out pidge was actually a woman but wanted to be a man, Keith was slightly surprised, not being able to see how feminine the boy looked, but quickly changed his behaviour so he knew he accepted. Ever since that pidge has been the one helping them at school. The school found this out and basically made it pidges job in a way. They kept them in the same classes, kept them next to each other in seating plans, made sure they could hear each other.

But Keith found out pidge was moving away. He didn't know how long, he just said that his dad needed to move for his work.

Keith was terrified.
He got bullied quite heavily at school, and without pidge to help him or stand up for him there's not much he can do. He will struggle with work, he will struggle with the corridors and crowds. He was just scared.

He also heard that there was going to be a new student starting. Every time a new student came, they always find their way into a conversation with Keith about his sight.

Many questions get thrown his way.
'So you can't see at all?'
"Nope. Nothing."
'Do the school know?'
"Of course they do."
'What happened?'
"None of your business."
'Isn't it hard?'
"Yes but it's not like it's my choice."
'How will you know when you've met your soulmate?'
"I don't know."

It's difficult to deal with because once others get to them they turn on him and end up being one of the majority to pick on him.

Let me explain something about soulmates. The 'magic' of a soulmate is held in the eyes. And because of this, the eyes are quite protective of them self. That's why it's so hard to blind someone. But it can happen, like in Keith's situation. Although it's a very long, painful torture. It's not an easy thing. Even if you pull someone's eyes out, there is a large chance they will appear back over time because of the strength of the power. But Keith's came back but didn't work. Because of this, his soulmate feeling are dulled and can't notice the change in colour once they got close. As most would feel extremely happy around their soulmate and protective, even before they know they're soulmates, Keith may just feel a dulled sense of happiness and protectiveness but that could easily be mistaken for friendship.
It just makes the whole situation a lot more difficult.

But he decided to ignore everything for now. Sleep is bliss, in sleep you don't have to worry or stress.

He wished he could sleep forever sometimes.

~End Of chapter~