Two-Helping

Third person pov

Lance McClain was the type of kid to gain a lot of friends and attention easily. So he was excited to be moving and joining a new school.

He walked into the large building, seeing the many crowds of people. He smiled and walked through to the front desk where he was told he'd get his time table and stuff.

As he grabbed his timetable and locker number he saw a kid. He was sitting on a bench listening to people walking by, he stared at nothing.

He looked over and his eyes are strange. They are a faint purple and seem like they're fogged over slightly. It's beautiful but strange.

Soon classes started and he got slightly lost soooo... he was quite late. When he got into the class everyone looked at me. "Oh hello McClain. We were waiting for you, how about you introduce yourself," the teacher spoke softly.

"Sure. Hello everyone, the names Lance, im excited to get to know everyone and just so you know ladies I am single," he winked st the girls and the teacher rolled their eyes as people giggled.

"Thank you lance, everyone start your work," the teacher huffed. Lance was going to sit down in an empty seat before the teacher stopped him. "I know you're new but I have something to ask of you Lance. You see that kid in the back of the class, he has a... issue. And he needs help with his work, his friend has sadly moved away so I'd appreciate it greatly if you'd be able to help him if he needs," the teacher explained. She cared about her students and knew that Keith was alone now. Pidge was his only friend.

"Oh... sure. What problems?" He asked and she just smiled. "Just go to him. I need to work," and she walked away.
"You didn't answer my question... but okay," he muttered to himself as he walked to the back. He sat down and the boy looked up for a second but looked back down.

It seemed when he looked up he was looking at anything really. It's more just he brought his head up.

"Heya! I'm Lance, as you may have heard," Lance smiled as he turned to him.
"Hm? Oh. Yeah. I'm keith," he responded with his head still down.

"It's nice to meet you," Lance spoke again, holding his hand out for Keith to shake.
Keith looked up hearing him speak again. Of course he couldn't see lance but he knew where his face was, his hearing got way better since he went blind.

"Are you goin' to... shake my hand?" He said as he kept his hand held out.
"Oh! Well. I don't really know where your hand is..."
"Why?" Lance was so confused. He had no clue why he couldn't see his hand. Keith was looking right at him.

"You haven't been told yet?" Keith was also surprised. Whenever a new kid comes, the first thing that happens is people tell them how weird Keith is and how he's blind.
"Been told what?"

"I'm blind, Lance," he responded simply as he stared right through him since he couldn't see.
"Oh... Oh! I'm sorry!" Lance immediately retracted his hand.
That's why his eyes are like that.
Lance thought.

"It's okay. Now why are you here? Why aren't you with everyone else? You're not going to get anywhere popular wise if you stay with me," Keith pointed out as he moved his head back down to the table.
"Because I heard that your friend moved away and you don't have anyone to help you right now, so maybe I can help you!"

Lance was really excited to help. He already felt this protectiveness about Keith while Keith just felt this very faint feeling.

"Uh... really?" Keith responded, surprised. "No one but pidge has ever wanted to help me," he added as he pulled his hood up.
"But I do! So I will. You seem really nice," Lance responded.

"So just accept my help. I'm not going to stop," he added as he took the sheet in front of Keith. "So how am I supposed to help again?" He laughed, not knowing what he should do.
"Pidge Just usually reads the sheet for me and I work on a laptop since I know where all the keys are too write," Keith explained. Lance just nodded and did as he was told, Reading the work, repeating if Keith needed, he did his own work and occasionally corrected Keith's mistakes if he hit the wrong key.

He was quite physically close to Keith at that point and could see his eyes even better. "Wow." He accidentally spoke out loud.
"What? Is something wrong?" Keith spoke worryingly as he pulled his hands away from the keyboard.
"N-no! I just... your eyes... they're-" Keith cut him off before he could finish.
"Creepy I know, I've been told."
"No! Not creepy! I was... going to say beautiful," He admitted quietly as Keith looked down.

"Sure. Whatever, just check my work," he huffed. Keith wouldn't believe him. He didn't know what his eyes looked like of course. He knew what they were before but now all he had was descriptions from pidge and Adam. Shiro didn't think telling him would help anything.

Keith thought he was both lucky and unlucky at the same time. He knew what things looked like, he remembers a lot of images from before he lost his vision. But he also can see a perfect image of what the last thing his eyes caught sight of.
His parents dead bodies.

"Oh. Okay," Lance went quiet and for the rest of the lesson they stayed silent, occasionally he fixed Keith's mistakes.

When the bell rang Keith shoves his things into his bag, hopefully not forgetting anything. He grabbed his white cane (it's what the blind cane is called) and left as soon as he could.
Lance felt guilty. He felt like even though he didn't technically say anything wrong, he did something wrong.

He also felt bad that Keith had to walk around alone, especially with no one helping and his lack of sight.
I can't just NOT help him.

So I grabbed my things and ran after where he was.

I felt like i was being dragged by something to him.
Weird.

~End Of chapter~