My Angel

Padme stood outside on the balcony. She brushed her long wavy brown hair. She looked out at the city. It was dark, but the city was lit up and the stars shown down brightly on them.
As she looked up at the stars, thinking about her home planet of Naboo.
She had spent many wonderful years there. It was there that she fell in love with Anakin. It was there that they had gotten married. And it was there that she wanted to have their baby. Naboo was a beautiful place to grow up and she imagined their baby playing in the gardens.
She began brushing her hair as she daydreamed about the future.
After a moment she could sense someone staring at her. But it wasn't an uneasy feeling, like she usually felt when someone was watching her from the shadows. It was a beautiful, soothing feeling. The feeling she got every time Anakin was nearby. She knew that he was there.
She thought about what it would be like to be with him and have a family for the first time. Naboo would be the perfect place. "Ani, I want to have our baby back home on Naboo." She said, looking at the stars. "We can go to the late country where no one will know. Where we will be safe." She turned to look at him, playing with her hair. "I can go early to fix up the baby's room." She said.
A faint smile appeared on Anakin's face.
She turned back to look at the sky. "I know the perfect spot... right by the gardens." She said. Imagining how peaceful the baby's room would be. The birds would sing a beautiful lullaby and the baby would have a lovely view of the beautiful flowers in the garden.
"You're so... beautiful." She heard Anakin say. He said it like it was the very first time he had ever told that she was. But yet, the words were so deep as if he spoke not only about her appearance but also about her heart that they could only be spoken by the one who had loved her most of his life. By the one she loved more than life itself.
She turned to see him looking at her the way he always did when they were alone and didn't have to pretend that he had no emotions.
She turned around completely to face him. She smiled at him. "It's only because I'm so in love." She said meaning every word.
Anakin smiled at her. It was the smile that only she saw, his most genuine, heartfelt smile. "No." He said. He chuckled and shook his head. "No, it's because I'm so in love with you."
"So love has blinded you?" She asked, keeping a serious face and trying to make him believe that he had upset her.
Anakin laughed. His laugh was humorous, but also a bit nervous. Then his face grew serious. "Well, that's not exactly what I meant." He said.
"But it's probably true." She replied, grinning at him.
He smiled back at her. He walked towards her. He gently ran his fingers through her curly locks. A smile appeared on his face again. "Love hasn't blinded me, it has opened my eyes. Every time I see you, I love you more. And you have grown more beautiful." He whispered. He gently brushed her cheek. "My angel."
She smiled and closed her eyes, enjoying being close to him again.
He leaned towards her and began kissing her deeply.
She reached up and placed her hands on either side of his face and pulled him closer to her.