It Was Only A Dream

Padme could hear Anakin getting up. She sat up and looked down the hall to see Anakin quietly walking away. She was worried about him, so she got up and fallowed him to the sitting room. He was staring out of the window at the ships flying past. He seemed concerned, like something was troubling him.
She walked over to him and gently ran her fingers through his long hair at the back of his neck. The she rubbed his back gently. "What's bothering you?" She asked softly.
He looked at her, and she could see the worry in his eyes. He sighed. "Nothing." He said, but she could tell that he wasn't being completely honest with her. He smiled, but it was only a half hearted smile. He looked down at the necklace she was wearing, the one he had given her. He grabbed the pendant and looked at it. "I remember when I gave this to you." He said. He looked at her for a moment, then back down at the pendant.
She sighed, she knew that he was trying to change the subject. She could tell that something was bothering him, but he wouldn't be honest with her about it. He might be able to fool everyone else, but she could see his heart. Feel his pain. They had known each other for over a decade, since Anakin was just a boy, he should be willing to tell her anything. "How long is it going to take for us to be honest with one another?" She asked, even though she wasn't being completely honest with him either. She hadn't told him about her strange dreams. But she didn't want him to worry, she knew that he already had a lot on his mind.
He looked away from her and sighed. "It was a dream." He said.
"Bad?" She asked, trying to encourage him to continue. She knew that talking about it would make him feel better.
"Like the ones I used to have about my mother... just before she died." He said.
"And?" She asked, trying to get him to tell her.
He turned to look at her. "... and it was about you." He said.
He looked away, and she gently rubbed his back to comfort him. She hated to see him upset like this. Her brown eyes searched his worried face. "Tell me." She pleaded gently.
He sighed and stood up. "It was only a dream." He said.
He turned away and looked out of the window for a long moment, before turning back to look at her. "You die in childbirth." He said, at last.
Padme gripped her stomach, caring more about the baby's life then her own. "And the baby?" She asked, concerned.
"I don't know." He answered.
Padme shook her head and walked over to him. "It was only a dream," she said to comfort him. She stood close to him.
"I won't let this one become real." He said, looking down into her eyes.
"This baby will change our lives. I doubt that the Queen will allow me to continue to serve in the senate. And if the council discovers that you're the father, you'll be expelled."
"I know. I know." He said, raising his metal hand to quiet her worries. He looked past her, and she knew that he was just as worried as she was.
Perhaps Obi Wan could help them. He was different than the other Jedi, and he was their closest friend. He was like a father or brother to Anakin, and she knew that he wouldn't judge them as the rest of the council would. And he would help them if he could. "Do you think Obi Wan might be able to help us?" She asked.
Anakin looked down. "We don't need his help." He said. Then he looked at her again and smiled. "Our baby is a blessing." He said. Then he pulled her close to him and hugged her.