Chapter 3

Chitra furiously tapped her feet as she waited for Malini at the over crowded bus stop.

I have to go home. She whined to herself.

Chitra sighed and opened her Sanskrit book and decided to pound her head on the first chapter. The one which she had been reading since the past one week but had not made any progress.
Why did Mrs. Divedi have to retire now? She thought.

Chitra was in class 12 right now and already had Sanskrit in class 11 so she was to study the subject if she wanted to pass without any trouble. But Mrs. Divedi, their 60 year old teacher had a stroke at the beginning of the year and had decided to take an early retirement. Now Chitra's batch was suffering. Their school was desperate for a new teacher but was unable to find one in such short notice.

In mist all the ruckus at the bus stop, unable to concentrate, she closed her book and her mind went back to the scene she had witnessed the previous evening.

That man ,she thought, he was covered in gashes all over his body. He almost looked like a criminal. And that gleaming sword of his.

Suddenly a hand clasped her shoulder. She knew it was Malini because that girl was always trying to scare her. Chitra said, "Malini, you know I don't freak out by your silly pranks."

"Malini?" She heard a deep voice ask. She frowned. Slowly she turned back and was taken aback when she saw that irmt was not Malini but that man from the day before. She was about to scream but he quickly covered her mouth.
"I had a feeling you would scream.", he said with a gentle voice.

The man looked around and decided that talking to her in a crowded place won't be good so he motioned her to follow him.

What if he kills me!? Or what if he kidnaps me! No ...its better to follow him. He does have a sword on him.

Thinking this Chitra mindlessly followed him to the alley she found him in last night.
After seeming that they are out of public eyes, she decided to scream, "who the hell are you and why have you kidnapped me?"

"Umm.....what is kidnap?", the man asked with confusion evident in his voice.
Chitra stared at him.

The man cleared his throat and said, "As for your previous question I am Karna. And who are you?"

"Karna? Well hello Karna I am Chitra. Now if introduction are over, can I please leave? I promise I won't complain to the police. Please. Please let me go."

"Uh yeah I am not holding you captive. You are free to go but could you please help me I am lost. And what is police?", asked Karna.

****

A/N
Hello dear readers. At last Chitra and Karna meet.

Please vote, comment and share.