A Meeting In Paris

Remus Lupin sat down with a sigh. He was at 24 Grimmauld place, now the headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix. It had been ten years since his daughter had run away along with three of her friends.

He still remembered the week following after the event. There had been many tears and self-cursing. Everyone blamed themselves for their children feeling so neglected that they wanted to leave.

They had talked to the house elves and discovered that they had let the wards down at one specific spot for a few seconds, giving the children time to go through. James and Lily had been furious at the elves, and all but one quivered in fear at their yelling. Minky, a house elf that had apparently been pretty close to Harry, stood her ground and glared. She had acquired a strong resentment towards her older masters because of the way they had treated Harry. She even went as far as to interrupt Lily and yell right back at her.

They had had search parties everywhere within ten miles of the house, but they had found nothing. It was as though the children had disappeared. The parties searched for three days, after that they had desperately used every tracking spell they could find. Even those spells hadn't worked. Some how the children were in a warded environment. They all refused to believe they were dead.

The Daily Prophet printed a story up informing the public to keep an eye out for the four kids, and if they did happen to find them they were to floo them directly to Hogwarts. It was found that Draco Malfoy, son of Lucious Malfoy, had also gone missing exactly three days after the marauders kids, but no one connected the two events. While looking for clues as to what happened to the young Malfoy, Aurors found evidence of abuse and Sr. Malfoy was tried and sent to Azkaban for a fifteen-year sentence.

Remus was only comforted by the fact that he knew Jackie was still alive. The wolf in him could sense it. He didn't tell this to Lily, James, Sirius, and Augusta (Neville's Gran) because he had no way of knowing if their kids were ok, and they were all frantic enough as it was.

Remus practically lived at Potter Manor now. His cottage reminded him too much of his family, which were now gone. He still knew Jackie was alive, but he had given up hope of ever finding her. He just hoped she was happy.

He jumped in his seat when the door to the room he was in burst open and Sirius stepped in. Sirius had lost his usual enthusiastic personality after Jake left. Sometimes they could see a glimmer of his old self when he and James would talk about the pranks they used to pull, but it never lasted long.

"Hey Mooney," Sirius greeted. He sat across from Remus and tiredly rubbed his face. Both men had put all their effort into stopping the war, and it was exhausting.

"Padfoot, are you ok?" Remus asked worriedly. Sirius had bags under his eyes and his movements were sluggish.

"Yah just tired. The Deatheaters have been way too active lately." Sirius replied.

All the Order members were pretty much always exhausted. Voldemort had returned in Harvey's first year at Hogwarts using the sorcerer's stone. Harvey, being to over confident fool he was, had tried to stop him using, quote, his 'amazing' wand skills (Note the sarcasm) to try and stop him. He was lucky to be alive.

All of Harvey's Hogwarts years had been eventful in some way, what with all the attempted attacks and kidnappings. It was driving the Order up the wall.

"Remus sighed and looked sadly at his friend. The war was really taking a lot out of them, and the depression of losing a child only made it worse, even if it was ten years ago. It made them more vulnerable.

"Maybe you should take a nap." He suggested.

"No," Sirius refused. "I just need some air. I'm going to take a walk. Would you like to come?"