Chapter 01

Life sucks, profoundly.

Everyone is enjoying their life with all those huge parties they attend, but they'll get a hangover the day after. They fall in love hard and then get crushed even harder. The consequences to their action are awfully painful, yet they still like to do them.

As for me, once I get hurt, that'll be the first and last time ever.

All silent. The only figure that happens to be here is me. The sound of the wind whooshing around is the only thing that keeps me accompanied.

My back leans against a white, empty wall as I enjoy the pleasing view. The sun shines brightly and the sky is blue as always.

The school's rooftop is the only place where I feel safe from people. No judging, bullying, fighting or anything that can make your self-esteem down.

RING...

The piercing sound of the school's bell travels into my ears indicating it's time to be surrounded by people.

I sigh, swing the metal door open and run down the stairs.

People have already started moving around to their classes.

I reluctantly get into the crowds and walk towards chemistry lab.

I've always loathed crowds, even though people never glance at me all the time. But it's the moment when my self-esteem is at the lowest due to the fact that I'm surrounded by good looking people who have tons of friends, whereas me, I'm the absolute opposite.

The chemistry class is rowdy with people chattering among themselves. I step in the chemistry lab and sit in the front seat, where nobody dares to sit.

Mrs. Monroe walks in and the class instantly becomes quiet. It's so silent as if the sound of bees buzzing can be heard.

Mrs. Monroe is the fieriest teacher among all the teacher I know. I guess it's because of her age that makes her a bad-tempered person. I believe she's in her late 50s, judging by her wrinkly, pale face.

"I can't wait to retire," she sighs in annoyance. It's the 489th time she have said that ever since I've been in her class.

A light brown haired guy walks into the class with his graceful stride. I reckon girls are drooling over him as he has the look that girls admire; perfectly curved, strong jaw line, dreamy emerald green eyes and very well toned body.

I nearly jump out of my skin as I make an eye contact with him which causes him to immediately curves his thin lips into a soft and warming smile. A smile that can melt every girl who fancies him, excluding me.

What the hell was that for?

He walks off pass me and sits at the back, away from me.

My body remains still and my eyes don't even bother to blink as I stare at the table in disbelief.

That was the first time someone, who isn't a teacher, made an interaction with me ever since I moved here.

***

English was the last class I have for today and it went just like the usual.

I wait patiently for my mom near the school's entrance door.

She's always late when it comes to picking me up from school and her main reason is so that I would socialize with other people while I wait for her.

However, it'll never happen, at least not in my case.

I've made plans for myself ever since I moved here last year; first is not to make any friends, unless they want to befriend me, secondly is not to date anyone and lastly is to have good grades.