Chapter 03

"Finn Olsen, you come at the exact right time," mom says as she smiles widely.

The first and only thing that comes into my mind is how hot my babysitter is.

He looks the same age as me, but might be a year older than me.

He has a slick back hair, but not overly done and somehow managed to make his hair looks kind of messy. His eyes are dark, perhaps it's due to the poor lighting that makes me unable to see his eye color clearly.

There's no smile on his face, no scowl, no frown, nothing. His face remains unreadable.

He wears a plain white T-shirt with a black leather jacket and pairs it with ripped jeans. It's an effortless look, yet he still looks attractive in the outfit.

The more I look at his face, the more I thought that I saw him somewhere, but I just don't remember where.

"So, I leave you two now cause I have a flight to catch," mom walks towards the car.

"Bye mom," I say, my voice sounds nearly faint.

"Take care you two and please behave. Bye kids," mom giggles and winks at me as she enters the car.

The car starts to move and slowly, it disappears from my view.

It has been just a second since the car disappears, and the awkwardness between me and my babysitter is on the highest level.

We stand still in our current position. My gaze stays at the floor as I don't even bother to make eye contact with him and I don't have the slightest clue if he is looking at me.

"So um, don't you want to go inside?" he finally breaks the silence.

My heart starts to beat heavily and faster.

My lack in social skill and anxiousness is starting to eat me up. I tend to get nervous whenever I communicate with someone for the first time, especially with boys.

"Uh, y-yeah sure," I reply breathlessly, my voice suddenly turns out to be deeper.

"Okay," he says.

I walk towards and into the house, and he follows me from behind. I lock the door as both of us is in the house.

We stand still awkwardly at the opposite of each other. No words come out from both of our mouth.

"Y-your bedroom is upstairs, so uh, do y-you want to place y-your things there?" I say as I realize that he is carrying a duffle bag with him.

"Yeah sure," he answers.

I walk up the stairs, with him following me from behind, and go straight to the guest room which is located at the edge of the hallway.

I turn the doorknob open and walk in.

Switching on the lights, the coziness of the room appears, even though almost everything in the room is white.

"H-here it is," I say to him nervously.

I walk out of the bedroom away from him since my role as the house owner is done and I really need to get rid of my nervousness.

Not after a few meters of walking, he asks, "Where are you going?"

"To my bedroom," I answer in a shaky voice.

"What are you going to do in there?" he asks me another question.