letter nine.

dear zach,

i wasn't in the mood for world history today. i've been less excited about the class since i've been ignoring you.

in a way, i guess.

i told the teacher i needed to go to my locker and get a book. but what she didn't know was that i never had the intention of coming back. and i think somehow you knew that.

i felt a presence behind me when i walked out of the classroom and i knew it was you but i didn't dare look.

"you don't stare at me anymore. why is that?"

by now i was standing in front of my open locker and you were next to the opened door; with the saddest look in your eye.

it look a lot out of me to not talk to you. this was finally my chance and i was ruining it.

but i can't hope and dream anymore. it won't get me anywhere. what is real will prosper and you're not real, zach herron. you're only a fantasy.

"am i not good enough for you anymore? you didn't even give me chance." you said, sadness and anger wrapped together as you spoke. "i'll change anything you don't like about me."

it was kind of weird if you think about it. a big, tough guy like you, crying to some nerd like me. "what am i doing wrong, jacky?"

i immediately shook my head no and stood upon my tippy-toes to wrap my arms around your neck.

"you're not doing anything wrong, zach. i'm the one who needs to change."

from, jack.