Amnesia

I Am Duchess Carson
Chapter 6

---Amnesia---

When Julian left.
The Duke Valley went to and fro in his study. Then took Angelo and went to Grachela’s room.
There is Marco who is telling Grachela a bed time story.
Grachela is looking at him with cold stare.
“Father? Brother? Why are you here?” Grachela ask, a bit happy that she can escape the torturous bed time story.
“I came to apologize, I don’t know what came to me. I am… I am really sorry.” Duke said and about to bow but Grachela stops him.

“I didn’t Want to apologize!” Angelo said but the Duke pinched him hard.
“Aw!”

“I am apologizing but my son wont? Do you mean all her wrong doing is equivalent to her brutally killed?” the Duke shouted.

“No! That’s the Prince mistake! But I wont apologize by not taking a pity for her.”
GRachela smiled.
This is making her conflicted herself.
“Father, forcing brother is wrong. And he is personally chosen by the Crown Prince to be the loyal guard of the Crown Princess. His loyalty is to her and her alone. “
To be honest, please get out.
What if Julian came and you all are here?
I want to sleep.

“Crown Princess? She isn’t married yet and you are still the fiancée of the Prince.” Duke sigh and look at Angelo.
“So basically, you are down to a loyal guard dog of a baron’s daughter. I pity you.” He said shaking his head.
Angelo’s face reddened.

“I don’t get it. Is your family bullying you? I waited but they wont leave.” Julian is playing with Grachela’s hand but the latter is already very sleepy and only respond with a moan.

“Will you really be alright here?” Julian kiss her hand.
Hmm… this is good too.
Seeing the snoring Grachela. Julian is about to leave but he stole a quick kiss.

Dylan sigh after opening the door slightly. Seeing the sleeping Grachela.  And how careful he holds her hand Dylan scratch his head and smile sweetly.
“Oh well, of they love each other then It is fine.”

***

Back to school already.
Everyone look at the silver haired beauty that lazily yawn while walking.

“Lady Grachela! You are back.” One of the former Grachela lackey came running to see her.
Grachela looks at her.
“Who are you?”
“Surely you jest. We are best friend since grade school.”
“Oh best friends.”
“Yes.”
“Dear Best friend, where were you when the prince pierced my heart? Laughing perhaps?”
The woman stiffened.
“And you over there. I saw you too. And you too. DO NOT COME TO ME AFTER LEAVING ME TO DIE.” She glares and walks yawning again.
What is that farce?
She is not the old Grachela who cares about  appearances.
A hidden guard suddenly appear in the bush, Grachela almost flips herself.
“Its me Brice.”
“Brice, you side line as a hidden guard? Is the pay that low?”Grachela frown.

“So-so… No… The pay is quite fulfilling.” Brice added after thinking for a long time.

“Ah… So why are you here?”
“The Lord ask me to lists people to get rid.”
“…..That doesn’t sound funny.”
“…..Im not joking so maybe that’s why?”
“Do not make a list! Go home. You are Julian’s secretary and right hand man. What will he do if you are not there?”
“Actually, he can do everything. I only bring tea or coffee.”

“Why are you getting paid again?”

“Opps. Someone’s coming. Just walk along and I’ll complete my list.”
“You! Get back here---, Geez”
Grachela sigh.
She is about to walk to her class but--.
“Grachela.”
Enemy really have to meet.
Here I go, ungrateful child.
Your sorrowful mama is here.
When I turn around, I saw Prince Solice
But where is the timid and quiet Claudia?
Hm?
Why am I looking at this bastard again?
My precious sleep. I should have sleep rather than capture your route you bastard!
“Grachela.”
“Who are you?”
“!!!!”
“Im sorry but I had an illness. Sometime ago, an ugly bear struck my hear but luckily I survive. The bear seems stupid after all.”
“Bear—”
“Because of the huge injury. I have forgotten a lot about myself. Good thing my fiancée is there for me.”
“I am your..”
“Ah yes. My fiancée is Duke Julian Carson. Oh, I talk too much. Who are you again?” Grachel ask innocently.
“….Prince Solice.”
“Prince? Oh my. How rude of me. It’s a pleasure to meet you…… nephew.”
“Nephew?”
“Oh…Ahahaha.. what come to me? Its because My Duke is your uncle right? You will soon call me Auntie. I cant wait.”
Prince Solice felt very flustered and he cant talk to the forgetful Grachela. And he will call her Auntie? He is just the same age. He is even older by two months.
And who is his uncle?
Everyone knew about his ‘masked face’.
“I have to tell you something---”
“My! Its time to go. I don’t want to be late. Later Prince Solice.”
Solice seems unaccustomed to this Grachela. Since when did Grachela hurriedly tried to leave earlier than him?
It’s a bit confusing and he hates that he cant apologize.
But he didn’t hear that she has an illness that made her forget about her life.
It because of him.
Can they start over again now that her memory has vanish?
Will she finally accepted that he is in love with someone else?
But she doesn’t have to marry his uncle just to make herself suffer.
Grachela laughs aloud as she skipped while walking.
“Our Lady, you should know your lie will be expose easily.”
“He is stupid. Its easy to make another excuse. For now, I escape talking….. Ypu are still here? Brice?”
“I am making list remember? Should I put The Crown Prince here?”
“He is the Duke’s nephew. My nephew. Live him alone.”
“The Duke is a jealous guy. I should put it here and put -negotiable after the name?”

“Do what you want.” Grachela sigh.
“Then, what would Duchess Carson want as a souvenir? “
“What?”
“The Duke will leave for four nights.”
“And my sleep?”
“…survive Duchess. Good luck.” Then he disappeared.
“BRICE!!!”