Prologue

In the small town of Bree, at the tavern named The Prancing Pony, an eleven Princess looked uncertainly upon a old wizard. The Wizard was Gandalf the Grey, one of the 6 great wizards. He was clothed in all grey and his arms were crossed and laying upon the wooden table. The Elven Princess had long silvery blonde hair that cascade down her shoulders like a waterfall. Her eyes were light grey like the light of the moon. She wore simple elf traveling clothes and a wooden bow was close by her arm.

A frown was etched on the beautiful face. "How long would this be?" Gandalf's leaned back and continued smoking his pipe. "I wouldn't know for sure. But you would have a short break after the Misty Mountains. You could go back to Mirkwood. But it would be appreciated if you met with us at the being of the river that leads to long lake." Gandalf tilted his head, a mysterious smile on his wrinkled face. The Elf leaned back in her chair and thought about the offer.

"All things considered Mithradnir, they would kill me faster then they would accept me into their company. Dwarves hate elves. And though I wish it were not true, most elves hate Dwarves. Most of all my father. How could you guarantee this company of dwarves wouldn't dispose of me?"

Gandalf laughed, "My dear Rieal, there is no way to guarantee that they will or will not. But that is part of the adventure, it it not?" Rieal smiled and chuckled. "That is true. Well, I don't see why not. Perhaps if they accept then there may be peace between elves and Dwarves."

Gandalf nodded. "Perhaps. But you will never know till you try." Rieal laughed a little louder. "Alright Gandalf. I'll do it. Now where do I meet you."

The wizard stood and began to pull up his hood. "That I am still deciding. I will send word to Mirkwood when I have decided. I need to find a burglar." He put some coins on the table and nodded to the Elf. "I suggest you keep this from your father or your brother as well. They will not be very accepting to your adventure." The female elf nodded solemnly. Gandalf smiles, "I hope to see you soon Princess." He spoke quietly, in hopes that no bad company would hear how he was addressing the she-elf.

Rieal smiled back, "I hope to see you soon Mellon." With that, the Wizard exited the noisy tavern.

The elf leaned back and took a sip of the drink in front of her. She was thinking of all the things that had occurred, and what would happen on this adventure.

5 weeks later
Rieal ran her fingers through the white hair of her stallion.

"Shhhh, eat up. We have a long journey ahead of us." She murmured. She had received word from Gandalf. He had told her to meet him and the company of Dwarves at a small Hobbit hole in the Shire. Interesting choice of a burglar. But she had a weeks journey ahead of her. Going over the Misty Mountains was no easy feat. Luckily at this time of the calendar, it was safer.

Rieal kissed her stallions nose and prepared to pull herself up on the back of the horse, but a voice stopped her.

"Rieal, mime seler." She sighed. It was her brother, Legolas. She turned to face him. "Yes?"

Legolas's piercing blue eyes seemed to bore into her. "Father has reasons to believe that you are lying about your journey." Rieal rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "Does he really think so little of me that he believes I would lie?" Legolas shrugged and leaned against a smooth post of the palace barn. "I'm not sure." He paused, "Are you lying to me?"

An ache started in her chest. She couldn't lie. Not to him. "Well, it's not the kind of adventure father would approve of.  That's how I will put it." A rare smile that only she could bring came on to his proud face. "I see. Well, don't worry. I won't tell father." Rieal tried to keep a straight face. "Thank you mime otorno." But a grin cracked onto her face and she laughed. Legolas chuckled at her. The laughter died slowly out and For a moment they two siblings stared at each other.

Legolas put his fist to his chest and bowed his head in respect. Rieal followed suit. Legolas stood frozen for a moment, then stepped forward and embraced his sister. "Be safe please, I love you." She returned the display of affection that was so little shown. "I will. Don't worry."

She turned away from him and and mounted her white horse. With a nudge and a few words in elvish, the horse and rider cantered into the dark shadows of Mirkwood.

Mime seler- my sister
Mime otorno- my brother
Mellon-friend