Prologue

Heiress Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada

Lisa POV

I looked through the window of my opulent suite. I could see the spectacular view from up there. The sight of the Sin City at night was incredible, breathtakingly beautiful. Nothing could compare to the skyline of Las Vegas. I could see the best spots of the world in almost one glance - from Venice, to the Eiffel Tower of Paris, to the Lady of Liberty of New York, to Caesars Palace of Rome, to Monte Carlo, to The Great Pyramid of Egypt, and the impressive dancing fountain of the Bellagio - it was simply amazing.

It was almost midnight but still, the Las Vegas Strip was full of people - locals and tourists just leisurely walking the long roads, going from one hotel and casino to another. Each hotel was ostentatiously decorated, each one unique, grandiose and breathtaking. No doubt, the Sin City was one of my favorite places in the world.

I looked at my empty bed and shook my head as I picture a beautiful woman on top of it. The only woman my heart recognized.

It's been six years but the memories of her still linger. I still remember her in all the places I've been in touch with her. In the mansion, in my penthouse, in my office in MC and now here in my suite in Heiress Hotel where we shared our first night as a married couple.

I know she's happy with her new life now, a life she chose for herself. Some normal life that she's been dreaming of, a life away from me and from all the things that hurt her. And how I wish I can say the same thing, that I myself was also happy with my life and that I finally moved on. But that would be cheating because the torment of being alone for the past years still kept breaking me, shattering every part of me into pieces. Truth is, never for one moment did I learned to forget her, not even a single detail about her... about us. I guess deep down in my heart, I do not really want to forget because that's the only things that keeps me alive... our memories when she was once mine is the only reason why I still breathing until now.

I took the glass of Bourbon on my mouth and drink it in one swallow. I slightly wince as soon as the liquor touched my throat.

For years, liquor is my bestfriend everytime I feel my conscience eating me. Knowing that I deserved all the suffering, for being a complete mother-fucker. Until now, my conscience is still bugging me. I don't know how long I can condemn myself to the loss of two innocent lives... two lives that should have been completed our dreamed to be a family with the woman who had do nothing but loved me. Maybe I will take it to my grave or to the after life, just like my love for her.... endless.

                         ***