Off-Day Training

No. Bad alarm clock.

You weren't supposed to start screaming at me. Didn't I turn it off yesterday? Great. I took today off for a reason too. And now my phone's ringing. Of course.

"Mornin' Wade." She didn't get up. Neither did I. I was still holding her, but I was seriously worried about missing phone calls from people like Fury, so I had to let go to check. Grab phone, look at name. Do I answer or let the voicemail do it? I don't want to die, so I answer.

"Today is my off day." I said shortly, and Fury replied a split second before I turn it off.

"Yes, you're off, but Astrid isn't. She's got training with the X-Men. Bring her over, will you?"

"Do I get to tag along?"

"N-" I hang up before Pirate Angry replies. That way I can tag along. I turned to Alix.

"You got training with the X-Men, so the Pirate says. Do I get to tag along?"

"Sure." Her answer differs completely from her father's. She sat up and stretched, and I suddenly wished she didn't wear T-shirts to sleep. Wait a second.

"Hey. That's my shirt." I observed. She just laughed, but didn't answer. Alix stood up and started moving into the bathroom, possibly to take a shower and things like that. I, on the other hand, decided my best option was to get a clean suit on me. And my mask.

Guns, ammo, handful of grenades-

Yes, well done.

-and my swords. Yay. I hate work.

You're not working though. You're just tagging along with Alix.

Point made George. And I would rather not stay indoors without her. I'm getting used to company.

Who said you could name me?

Who said I couldn't?

Alix came out wearing her own clothes, but she slung mine over her shoulder playfully.

"Mine now. I like wearing clothes bigger than mine. They're comfier." She said, and when I tried to grab it she threw it in my face with a giggle.

"What's up with the gloves?" I ask, pulling off the shirt on my face. She stops pulling them on and pauses.

"Well, one, they're cool. Two, they're new radiation-proof things that Stark actually very fortunately just developed so I don't melt everything I touch."

"Well that's just garbage. You don't melt everything you touch."

"You haven't seen me in training. It ain't pretty." She said and grabbed a backpack that very plainly said 'X-Men' on it, as I rolled my eyes and kissed her quickly before we step out the door.

*** *** ***

Wake up wash up get dressed and out the door I go.

Waiting up on heavy traffic,

I stare down at my phone.

Fear reigns and I'm still alone.

*** *** ***

"With that said and done... Wilson, why are you here?" Fury turned to me pointedly, looking at me with one eyebrow raised.

"Alix asked me to tag along. You didn't say no either."

"I just said-"

"Yeah yeah whatever. Alix, can I tag along?"

"Sure."