Five years

It had been five years.

Five years since Clary Fray had entered the Shadow World.

Five years since Simon Lewis became a vampire.

Five years since Magnus Bane met Alexander Lightwood.

Five years since Jace learned he was a Herondale.

Five years since Alexander Lightwood and Jace Herondale learned emotions weren't a weakness.

Five years since the war with Valentine Morgenstern.

Five years since Isabelle Lightwood learned what true love was.

Five years since Luke Garrowway had lost the love of his life.

Five years since Maryse Lightwood had been stripped of her runes.

Five years since Clary Fray got her first rune.

Five years since Lillith was defeated.

It was funny how five short years could change some people's life. How five years could change a person.

---------------------------------------------------

Isabelle giggled at her brother. "Oh, brother dear, you know I love you. But, you can not wear that tonight."

Alec looked at his reflection in the mirror in front of him. He saw his familiar messy black hair, his blue eyes that had started shining more from happiness. Then at his outfit. A gray sweater -that used to be black- and jeans.

"What's so bad about it?" Alec, confused as always when it came to fashion. "This is what I always wear."

"That's the problem, Alec. You're supposed to be dressing up tonight."

He rolled his eyes. "We don't even know what this party is for. Why should I have to dress up?"

"Because," Izzy smirked. "You want to impress Magnus, right?"

The older Lightwood flushed. "I... maybe."

Izzy clapped her hands happily. "Great! I'll call up Clary to help!"

"Woah, Woah, Woah! Why are you calling Carrot?"

"Because, she has learned quite a deal about fashion and I could use her help." She look at Alec. "I love you, but you seriously need to get a tan, brother dear."

Alec rolled his eyes again and crossed his arms. "You know, you always seem to say "I love you" right before you insult me?"

But, his sister ignored this comment and proceeded to call up Clary.

Alec sat down on Izzy's bed, looking around the familiar room.

What seemed like moments later, Clary was bustling into the room. "Sorry, it took me so long! I was helping Jace with his outfit."

"It's fine." Izzy said. "Now, let's bedazzle my brother up."

Alec blinked. "There...will be no "bedazzling" happening here."

Clary smiled innocently. "Mmkay, Grumpy Cat."

One hour later, Clary and Isabelle, after much protesting on Alec's part, they managed to find the perfect outfit for him. Ripped skinny jeans, black shirt that accented his muscles, and dark blue jacket with little bits of glitter on it left unzipped.

Alec looked in the mirror and his eyes widened in shock. "Wow, you guys really out did yourselves." His eyes focused on his hair. It was slightly spiked up but, it went of to the side a bit.

Clary smirked a bit. "Mmm, we did good Izzy." The two girls high-fived.

The black haired boy turned around to face them. "Thanks, guys." He said as he grabbed the chain necklace he always wore that had the key to the Institute and the Lightwood family ring on the chain and hung it around his neck, almost as a instinct.

"Anytime, big bro." Izzy then shoved her brother towards the door. "Now, get out. Me and Clary need to get ready."

Alec could've sworn she was smiling when she shoved him out the door, not kindly.

"Ah, Alexander." A voice behind him purred. "You look...dashing."

Alec turned around, already knowing who to expect. And there stood Magnus, in all his glittery glory.

Alec smiled slightly. "H-hey Magnus. I do?"

Magnus smiled and walked closer. "You always do, Alexander."

And before Alec could respond, Magnus's lips were on his.

The Lightwood boy didn't know when or if he would get tired of this, but he hadn't yet.

"Really, you two? In the hallway?" A voice said.

Alec, not so happily, pulled away from Magnus. "Really, Jace?"

Jace Herondale smirked at his Parabatai. "Yes, really. We have a party and Iz and Clary will actually kill you if you mess up your hair."

Alec hated that he had to admit that Jace did have point.

Man, those girls were scary.