The Room of the Damned

"Alec!" Madzie cried, running up to Alec.

Alec smiled and scooped the now ten year old into his arms. "Madzie! My favorite warlock!" Alec said, which caused Magnus to look over at him. "Besides you, of course."

Madzie giggled. "You two are so silly!"

Alec set Madzie down and looked around the room. "Iz, you see mom?"

Izzy frowned a little. "Not yet. Or dad."

Jace leaned close to them. "They have to be here." He reasoned. "There is no way they could miss this. The Clave wouldn't let them."

Magnus, after hugging Madzie, stood up and smiled. "Ah, I will be right back." And with that the warlock slipped off into the crowd.

Alec looked after him, sighing.

He also heard Izzy and Jace sigh beside him and looked over to see that Clary and Simon had wandered off to go say hi to Luke.

Jace quickly regained his signature smirk. "Let's go explore some."

Before Isabelle could say anything, Alec objected. "Are you crazy?!" He whisper-yelled at his parabatai. "Were just now getting off the Clave's watch list! We are not screwing this up!"

Iz smiled innocently. "Come on, Alec. It can't do too much harm. Loosen up."

Alec made the mistake of looking at their faces, the puppy dog eyes that stared at him made him crumble. "Fine!" He grumbled. "Let it be known I do not like this." But, the eldest of the three allowed himself to be dragged away while he haphazardly stumbled after them.

The three wandered the halls of the palace in Idris, Alec complaining the whole time.

Finally, Jace stopped. "It's locked." He announced.

Izzy rolled her eyes. "Thank you, captain obvious." She huffed. "So, let's open it."

The eldest Lightwood groaned. "It's probably locked for a reason, guys. Can't we just go back to the party? They're probably going to announce what this about soon."

"Don't be a buzz kill, brother. It can't be that bad, ok?" Izzy said, waving a hand dismissively. Then, she drew an Opening rune on the door as Alec complained.

The door swung open, soundlessly.

Jace groaned. "It's....normal."

Alec sighed in relief. "Good. So let's go n-!"

"It's a glamour." Isabelle said. "Concentrate."

Alec sighed. "We could just leave it alone. We don't have to do this."

"Alec." There was a warning tone in Izzy's voice.

He paused. "Fine." Alec began to concentrate, picturing the world mundanes saw stripping away, like pretty, colorful duct tape being ripped off to reveal an ugly piece of grey tape.

When the glamour was completely stripped away, he wished he had never agreed to go with his siblings.

Isabelle let out a gasp of horror, covering her mouth. "Oh god..."

Jace blinked slowly, as if hoping the sight in front of them wasn't real.

Alec gulped and felt sick to his stomach.

There was blood splattered on the walls. And chains hung off the walls and ceiling. But those chains weren't empty.

Izzy sucked in a breath. "Oh my god..."

"The..." Jace started.

Alec decided to finish for him. "Downworlders..."

Downworlders hung from the chains, some alive, some dead. The stench of rotting bodies and blood hung around the room.

"The Clave.... how could they?" Izzy asked in horror to no one in particular.

"Ah, Nephilim. What a present surprise." A slightly familiar voice purred. "Come to experiment on us again?"

Alec's head whipped around and his night got even more complicated. "Camille?!" He gasped. "What is happening?!"

She cocked her head to the side. "Alexander Lightwood? You three really don't know?"

"No." Jace said. "What is happening here?"

Camille smirked, despite the chains around her wrists. "The Clave. They've began experimenting on us low-life Downworlders."

Izzy looked up at her brother. "Alec, did you know about this?"

Alec looked down, quickly in shock. "What?! No! I... this isn't right." He whispered the last part.

A voice behind them chuckled.  "Well, the Lightwoods. You three aren't supposed to be here."

Alec tenses up, immediately recognizing the voice in the doorway. "Aldertree." He growled, in a scary calm, quiet voice. "What is going on here?" He turned around, facing the man he hated almost as much as he hated Valentine.

"What do you think, Alexander?"

Isabelle stepped up, angrily. "Your torturing innocent Downworlders! This is against the Accords!"

For not the first, he was glad Izzy seemed to always know what to say.

Aldertree seemed bored by this answer. "And...?"

Jace's face was flushed with anger. "What else are supposed to be seeing?! This isn't right!"

Alec finally found his voice, though it was quiet. "What.... why is the Clave doing this?"

"The Downworlders, they have special blood. We're just trying to figure out what makes them so special. Also...."

Izzy growled. "What else?!"

Aldertree smirked. "Also....we're trying to figure out how to give Shadowhunters Downworlder abilities."

Alec's blue eyes widened in shock. That quickly turned to anger. "You're as bad as Valentine!" He spat.

"This is just plain wrong!" Izzy seethed. "You're sick!"

"But, the difference between us and Valentine...is that we have the Clave's approval." Aldertree said, as if that would make the situation ok.

Alec took a step forward, reaching for a knife. "This is inhuman!"

Then, he felt something hit his head. The world started going dark.

The last thing he heard was Aldertree's sickly, sweet laughter before he descended into the much welcomed darkness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading Silver -Malec-. I promise there will be lots of Malec in this. I just needed the spiciness level to high.

Also, ease check out my friend That_Guy_Ryry. He has just started writing and he actually isn't that bad. So, please go check him out.

And once again, thank you for reading. I hope this isn't as cringey as I think it is.

-Until next time, MyMy.