eleven ; R E T U R N

Don't stay where you are needed. Go where you are loved.
— lang leav

{ listen to 'arrival of the birds' by the cinematic orchestra for this chap

the cinematic orchestra
for this chap.
i wrote it listening to that on repeat :) }

S A T U R D A Y

It's silent again.

The silence is so loud it drowns out the corrupting voices around him. Thomas' head is in shambles, and he feels so empty it swallows him whole.

The silence is madness, mockery, menacing. It's slowly tearing him apart, seam by seam, stitch by stitch. He's unravelling, because what once held him together is now gone.

Newt was laughter and cheeky smiles and big grins, small hands, bright eyes and morning delight. Newt was lemon-coloured hair and bare feet and mystery and secrets. So, so many secrets.

Newt was the sun and the moon and all the stars in the sky. He was vivid blooming flowers and pale spring skin and rich, coffee eyes that told too much, that seemed to hold the paradox of the universe.

Newt was anything and everything Thomas had ever, ever wanted, and he never even knew. Not before his life turned into something he'd never expected, throwing him into a time where things are so insanely complicated it's hard to keep up with it all.

A time where he's found the most incredible, lively and generous people he's ever met. People who have treated him as their own since the day he stepped foot in their world, lost and dumbfounded and confused, scared and alone.

And despite the rollercoaster that the past eight months have been, he's felt the most accepted, loved, and at home — more than he'd ever had back in the future.

He's found such a place here, with the right people and the right village and the right adventure spots.
And all of it was with Newt.

Newt, who has vanished without a trace, bringing all the light and joy and adventures with him — almost as if he'd never really been here at all.

And it's wrong. It's all so wrong; Thomas doesn't know how he's supposed to live, without him by his side.

He's sitting on the beach once again, knees drawn to his chest as his eyes gaze across the sullen sea, as if she too, misses Newt.

"I can't believe he's gone," Minho murmurs, from where he's next to him. Mina is close by, but alone, choosing to deal with her emotions by herself. Thomas can't blame her. Not really.