Chapter 26: Father Consternation

|This one makes you feel a bit bad. | WARNING: MENTIONS SELF HARM, ATTEMPTED MURDER (SORT OF), AND OTHER DEPRESSING ELEMENTS. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THESE SUBJECTS OR DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH THEM BEING EXPRESSED IN THIS CHAPTER, PLEASE SKIP THIS CHAPTER. I'M NOT TRYING TO INTENTIONALLY OFFEND ANYONE! I'M NOT THAT MEAN OR TRIGGERING!

(Martin's POV)

I don't wanna see Alan without Chris to be honest, him being sad is like just me being sad.

I wait with Tijs, he looked anxious for some reason. He's probably just worried about Alan. I heard the door to Alan and Chris's bedroom open, Alan soon came out of the hallway. He looked so depressed.

"He's gone?"Alan asked quietly. Everyone nodded. He sighed depressingly. I feel really bad for him. It's almost like he was going through a break up.

"I'm gonna call up my dad, he always cheers me up.."Alan sighed. He got up his phone and started calling his dad.

"Would it be good if all our parents met each other?"Laila asked. Mostly everyone nodded.. except for Tijs. Instead, he just gave a sigh.

"What's wrong?"I asked him.

"Nothing.."He sighed. I then turned back to Alan, he was on the phone with his dad I presume. Actually, the rest of them were talking to their dad or mom, it's been a while since I ever contacted my parents actually. I kinda miss them a little.

I got out of my phone and searched up my contact for my parents, turns out they're actually in there! I looked back at Tijs, he was covering his mouth and his eyes were red. I could hear his heavy breathing.

"Tijs tell me what's wrong."I said to him.

"Nothing's wrong.."He murmured.

"Your eyes are red and you're breathing heavy. There's something wrong."I said.

"I'm fine.."He murmured.

"No you're not! Remember, you promised me you would be honest to me and I'd be honest to you. You're breaking that promise."I said.

"I'm telling the truth.."He murmured.

"No you're not!"I said.

"Please Martin, it's nothing you shouldn't worry about, alright?"He said. I stayed silent after that. What is he hiding? He said it's not something I should worry about. We then heard a knock at the door. Spookie got up and answered it.

It was an old man, he looked like he was in his late 80's. Way beyond his age to be alive.

"Where is Michiel..?"The old man demanded.

"Who's Michiel?"Laila said.

"Are you kidding me? Michiel Verwest!"He shouted.

"Sir, I think you have the wrong apartment."Laila said.

"No! This is the right apartment! Is he in here?!"He demanded.

"No, he's not."Laila said. I was confused.. Wait.. Verwest is Tijs's last name and Michiel is his middle name.. He's talking about Tijs.