Ch-1: When We First Met

Uhhh, this book has been inspired by @Enigma_Rain 's book, returned 

Anyways eat cookies and and enjoy the chapter at optimum temperature

------------------------------

Dick is 8 years old

Percy is also 8 years old

Bruce is uhhhhh  I don't know, in his  early /mid twenties?

Alfred is immortal (all hail the god of ninja butlers)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Dick woke up that morning, he had that feeling that something important was going to happen.  

He got dressed in time for the "morning walk" when the sound of sobs reached him. There was a dark haired girl crouching in a corner of the alley, shoulders shaking as she was, evidently, crying.

"Hey. Are you okay?" He said, at a loss for words.

"No. No, I'm not. He-He killed her. Tha-That is not okay", she sobbed out.

"I'm sorry what now?"

"Smelly Gabe. He-he killed my-my mom." She started to cry harder.

"What's your name?"

"Per- Persephone. but I my mom calls- called me Percy."

"Okay, Percy. Come with me."

"O-okay"

The Juvenile Detention Centre was not the place either of them deserved, but hey, could fate really give them a break?

————————————————————————

It was a fateful night when Dick met Batman and refused to back down from his "quest."

The next day, as fateful, if not more so, than the night passed, as Bruce Wayne came to the Detention Centre.

He had apparently decided that he wanted to take the acrobat in, feeling guilty about the entire situation.

Percy didn't buy it.

Still, she couldn't stop Dick if he made up his mind. 

"I'm supposed to go talk to him first."

"Be careful, Dick."

——————————————

"Hello Richard. I'm Bruce. How are you?"

"I'm Dick."

"Okay then. Dick, how are you?"

"As well as I could in this place."

Bruce chuckled at his fiery response. "What would you say if I could get you out of here? Hypothetically."

"I would ask you why on earth should I trust you. Hypothetically, of course."

"I was there that night. I paid for the funeral of your parents. I know that isn't much to earn your trust, but I hope it can be a show of my goodwill. I want to help you, Dick."

Dick inhaled sharply. "You're Bruce Wayne."

"Guilty as charged."

"What's in it for you? I can't imagine anyone in this horrid city doing something out of the goodness of their heart."

"A long time ago, my parents were killed. It was as though the world was breaking apart. It felt like it was my fault. Like I could've prevented it entirely. The emptiness nearly swallowed me whole. I got through it with the help of a few great people. Maybe I could help you through too?"