3

"Stop it!" Ryujin shouted. "Just leave me alone! I'm sick and tired of hearing it!"

"I'm just telling you the truth, darling. You are what you are and there's nothing you can do about it," Tinsel circled her room.

The greenish-yellow gleam of the moonlight cast distorted shadows on her cracked walls. Her curtains were left ajar and despite the hot, burning sensation of the air in the room, she refused to open her window. If Tinsel got in, imagine who else could.

"I know but stop reminding me. I don't want to hear it. Now go. Leave. Get out of here!"

He sucked the inside of his cheek, slight shaking his head.

"Nope. No can do."

"Why not? I swear, Tinsel, you're driving me nuts!"

"That's what I do, sweetheart. That's my job."

"Perform your job on someone else. I haven't had proper sleep in months because of you. I'm starting to slack off out in the scorch."

"Are you?" He asked teasingly. "Maybe it's because you weren't made for the day."

"Leave her alone," a new voice said. "You've messed with her enough now."

Ryujin and Tinsel glanced at the door to see Yeji standing at it, glaring at the siren.

"Enough? Oh darling, I haven't even began. This is just a warm up," Tinsel laughed. "None of you have a clue about what is ahead of you all."

"We'll be fine. And that's our concern, not yours."

"I get the impression I'm not wanted here," he pouted.

"You aren't!"

"Which is why I'm here, is it not? I am not just feared because I'm a siren. I am Tinsel. The Great Tinsel. You maggots better bow down or else my holiness will humble you in the most embarrassing way possible."

"Mess with us, 'sweetheart', and you'll regret it until the day you die," Yeji glared hard at him but Tinsel only smiled and clapped like a child.

"Oh, goodie! A challenge. I love challenges. When do we start?"

"I'm not challenging you, you thick-headed bug. Just leave Ryujin and no one gets hurt."

"Yeah, that's not going to happen. Sorry, hon, but she's part my property, remember? You're lucky I haven't kidnapped her by now."

"For goodness' sake, Tinsel!" Ryujin shouted. "I'm tired, she's tired, we're all tired. Just leave and let us sleep and we'll discuss this in the daytime."

Tinsel sucked the inside of his cheek cautiously.

"I'm not amending my ways, know that. However, you do look like vomit so I'll leave you just this once. Got it?"

"Whatever, Tinsel," Ryujin rolled her eyes.

The siren simply winked before heading to the window, opening it and jumping out.

Yeji closed the window before glaring at Ryujin.

"When were you planning to tell us about this?" She asked, anger evident on her face. "How long has Tinsel been messing with you without our knowledge?"

Ryujin gulped.

"Two months... I'm sorry I didn't mention it. It's just... Is it true? Am I a siren? Am I really one of them?"

Yeji ran her hand through her hair in part frustration, part sympathy.

"Not entirely. You're half. You aren't one of them. You are one of us. Got it? You're Itzy. You're us."

"Are you sure? What if I kill you guys by mistake? What if I don't know how to control that side?"

"You haven't killed us yet. And I have faith in you. Lia is a stoneface and, Yuna and Chaeryeong are mutants. You think I can't look after a siren?"

"You don't understand how strong sirens are, Yeji. So what if if they are mutants and stonefaces? I'm a siren and you're human. They weren't made with a part of their brain thirsty to kill. I am."

"You're part siren. Not completely. Don't forget that."

"I can feel it growing in me. I can feel the urge to just sing and lure someone to me. I've started to crave things I haven't before. I-"

"Don't be daft!" Yeji shouted, clearly stressed by Ryujin's words. It was true, if her siren side took control, Yeji would be in the most danger. "It's a placebo effect. Because you heard it, you believe you feel stuff when you don't. Snap out of it!"

"Is everything alright in here?" Lia asked at the entrance of the door.

The moonlight shone directly on her face, exhibiting her smooth, flawless skin and gorgeous features. Stonefaces were the second most beautiful and elegant creatures you'd ever find in the outskirts, second only to sirens. They were made of stone. Their flesh, organs, everything was stone, some softer other harder. They were like live statues, in fact that's what they were. They were meant to be able to tell humans everything. Like a stone version of an AI robot. One of Kingston's best inventions. But we're soon overshadowed by the catastrophe he called sirens.

Yeji shook her head at Lia as she joined her at the door.

"Sorry to wake you," she gave her a quick smile before turning back to look at Ryujin. "We'll discuss this further tomorrow. Get some rest."

Sorry for the unexpected short hiatus. I've had a lot of tests and there is still more coming but I just felt like I needed to update this story for you guys. Thanks for all the votes, comments and views. It means the world to me. I'll try to continue updating this regularly but if I don't, I apologise in advance.

~SpicyThaiChicken