7

Lia was by far the prettiest girl Luke had ever layed his eyes on. She had soft, fair skin and bright red lips. Her eyes glistened like stars in the sky and her smile was pleasantly warm like a fire on a winter's morning.

Luke tried to keep his eyes off her but she was just too perfect. And, oblivious to how flustered she made the boy, she always tried to make eye contact with him. She thought it would make him more comfortable.

It didn't.

"I call it Maorh," Lia stated as she shoved a freshly made meal in his face. They had been cooking together for the past hour to pass the time. Besides, being a stoneface meant she was actually good at cooking.

Luke shook his head.

"I saw what you put in there and there's no way on planet Earth I'm going to eat that."

He was referring to the various animal organs and toes she had stuffed into the soup and how the equivalent of bread was a cow's tongue with pig snot as the spread.

Lia grinned.

"There's a rocket not far from here. Going to Mars can be arranged."

Luke glared at her but it soon came to a halt as they had eye contact again.

"No thanks. Do you have potato chips though?"

"After we found out about chicken toe nail clippings, we haven't had any. You'd be surprised at how good they taste, plus they are healthier than potato chips. They are seasoned perfectly and-"

"Excuse me but you said 'we'. What do you mean by 'we'?"

"You think I live here alone?" Lia asked before roaring with laughter. "I'm only one fifth of what you'll be dealing with. I bet you'll like Yeji. She's just like you."

"Just like me?"

"Human. She's human."

Luke cocked an eyebrow.

"So... You're not?"

"No silly!" She laughed, revealing her ethereal smile. "Oh honey, you thought I was human?"

"Uh... Yes?"

"That's adorable! No, I'm not human. I'm a stoneface. You probably don't know what that is though."

Any traces of a smile ever adorning Luke's face completely disappeared as he blinked at her. Did he hear her correctly?

"A stone face? As in... Kingston Blue's invention?"

Lia's smile faultered.

"You remember us?"

"Well... I would say remembered. I've always been interested by ancient Ferne so I did my own research. I was literally at the Animal Brain Industry when I was pulled into the outskirts... That being said, do you know who did that?"

"Oh, you'll find out soon."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Dusk is approaching. They are usually back by dusk."

And as if on cue, the sound of a door opening was heard.

Lia grinned.

"That's them," she grabbed Luke and dragged him to the room the sound had come from.

Three girls dressed in loose khaki overalls and head masks entered the room. They took a look at Luke and then Lia then back to Luke.

The tallest girl on the side, pulled off her head mask and grinned at him. She had long red hair and a small, gorgeous face. On top of her head, two wolf ears poked out of her hair and whiskers covered her nose.

"Hi, I'm Yuna," She introduced herself.

Luke scanned her in terror before the next girl pulled off her mask only to reveal her slightly scaly skin, sharp teeth and forked tongue.

"I'm Chaeryeong. Nice to meet you."

He took a couple of steps back, crashing into Lia who only laughed, the two other girls joining in.

"Don't worry," Chaeryeong grinned. "We don't bite... Unless provoked."

The last girl pulled off her mask and Luke was genuinely worried as to what she might be mixed with but to his surprise, he saw nothing particularly odd about her.

She had long black hair, fair skin and an adorable smile.

"I'm Yeji," she waved at him. "Don't worry, I'm human."

He heaved a sigh of relief, earning laughs from each of the girls.

"Where's Ryujin?" Lia asked, scanning the girls.

"She's working extra hours. She said we can start eating without her though."

"Alright, I made Maorh. Who wants to hold Luke still so I can stuff it in?" Lia asked.

"I will!" Yuna raised her hand, immediately running to Luke and pinning him to the wall.

"I'll keep his mouth open," Chaeryeong approached him.

He turned to Yeji, pleading for help with his eyes.

She only chuckled.

"Don't worry, Luke. You'll love it."