21

A couple more days passed after Ryujin and Luke's date and with each day, the tension around the Outskirts grew. It was clear Tinsel's plan was to take place soon. The ground shook every so often, screams were carried by the wind and blood was shed all over one of the nearest towns.

It was a trap. Tinsel wanted them to leave to check out the situation of the town but none of them budged. In the urban areas, no one knew what to do. His attacks were becoming more and more frequent, getting closer and closer to Iris.

Houses tumbled into nothing more than heaps of rubble in both the rural and urban areas. People were trapped under rocks with little to no medical care since hospitals crumbled as well. Most were left homeless and finding food or water safe to consume was getting harder day by day.

A storm was approaching from the north, not part of Tinsel's plan but complimented his aim perfectly. From what it seemed, a cyclone was to hit Ferne in a few days, a week if luck was on their side. The girls, Max and Luke may have been safe from the other threats in their cellar but the door still had its flaws. If a cyclone was to hit them, they'd drown in there for sure.

"I have to go out there," Lia uttered into the darkness. "I have to patch up the door."

"We can't leave," Yeji muttered. "Tinsel is out there. He's one step ahead of us. You know that."

"What's the point anyway?" Chaeryeong sighed. "If a cyclone hits us, this place would be flooded with water. And guess who gets a boost of strength when in water? There's no hope. May as well go out there and let him slaughter us all. It would save everyone else's life."

"Don't think like that," Lia slapped her arm. "We will get out of here. And we'll get out alive."

"Hate to be the negative one here but think about it. All of you. Only three and a half of the seven of us. Only half of us can fight. And the three of us don't even have powers that come close to comparing with his. The only hope we have is the half, Ryujin, and not Eve she can go up again him. Why even bother?"

"We just need to be more prepared," Yuna spoke out. "We can't camp out in here. Tinsel expects that of us. If we leave and get all of us ready for this battle. And I mean everyone, Humans included, we might stand a chance."

"You want us to leave the cellar? Do you hear yourself? Do you have a death wish?" Lia practically screamed.

"It's not a bad idea," Ryujin pondered. "Think of it. If we go out and get some weapons, we have a better chance of killing Tinsel. Besides, if we die trying, we were going to die anyway. Not all of us have to go. We can use those walkie-talkies we found not long ago to track each other. Some could stay here." She stood up. "I'll go."

"Me too," Chaeryeong volunteered, standing up. "It's better than being trapped in here."

"I'll come," Luke offered, making everyone turn to him. "Look, I want to be helpful at least once. Besides, who's to say I ever get sick and tired of being indoors? I want fresh air too."

"It's risky, Luke. You need to understand that. You can't just-"

"Let him go," Yeji cut Lia off. "What's the point of keeping him in here? Besides, Chaeryeong's probably right. We're all just going to die anyway."

"Thanks for the positivity, Yeji," Chaeryeong grinned at her. "Now anyone else want to come with or is it just us?" There was no response. She scowled. "Anyone? Please?" Nothing. "Come on, I don't want to third wheel with Luke and Ryujin. Please, anyone. Spare me."

"Fine, I will," Yeji sighed, standing up. "But my life is in your hands, Lee Chaeryeong, your hands."