Thousand Years ~Fluff~ *Newt*

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises

"Newt!" I shouted as I ran up to him, "it's the Second Salem boy...he's the Obsucial..." he told me as part of a building nearly fell on us but he disapparated us away, "What? I thought you said that Obscurials don't live past the age of ten" I exclaimed as he looked at the dark mass, "his power must be so strong he's somehow survived...stay here" he spoke as he went to get up but I grabbed his arm and pulled him back to me, "I'm coming with you" I panted as he looked at me, "no...absolutely not. I can't lose the only one I love" he told me as he kissed my forehead and then disapparated away, I ran through the streets, chasing after Credence who went down into the subway. I ran down the steps and saw the Obscurial against the wall, "Credence..." I spoke in a soft voice, as Newt looked at me. "Y/n..." he sighed.

How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

"Credence...it's me...Y/n..." I spoke as the mass disappeared and showed Credence, "I know what happened..." I added as I jumped down onto the tracks, "Credence...you can trust Newt.." I spoke, just then someone attacked Newt and I.

~Time skip because you've all seen the movie~

"Are those two no-Maj's still here?" the president spoke as she turned to face Jacob and I. I moved out from behind Newt, "Obliviate them..." she added as Newt gave her a sad look, "I'm sorry...but even one witness...you know the law" she added, "I'll leave you to say goodbye" she spoke as she walked off. Jacob and I walked up some steps, Newt gripped onto my hand as Queenie stopped Jacob, "hey...it'll be okay..." I smiled at him as I placed a hand on his cheek. "This is for the best...I was never supposed to see your creatures...or know about any of this.." I felt a tear slip as I wiped away the tears that he had shed.

But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away somehow

"I-I don't want to lose you Y/n..." he cried as I smiled, "you're not gonna ever lose me Newt...cause...and I know it's gonna sound cheesy...but I'm always right here" I patted his chest where his heart was and he let out a cracked chuckle, "that does sound cheesy..." he spoke, the first to go out was Jacob, Queenie used her wand to make an umbrella, she walked up to him, and kissed him. Then it was my turn, I looked at Newt, "I gotta go now..." I sniffled as he cried some more, "it's just like waking up..." I reminded myself as I took a few steps back, Newt didn't let go of my hand, I walked into the rain, staring at Newt and that's when he let go of my hand.

One step closer

I walked back, looked at the sky and closed my eyes. The memories of everything then began to fade away, I felt someone place a soft kiss on my lips. When I opened my eyes, I saw that no one was there. 'The hell am I doing here?' I looked around, cleared my throat and then headed home.

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

After a few days, I boarded a boat to travel to London, I don't know why but I had the urge to go to London, I leaned against the railing and saw people that looked oddly familiar.

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is

I watched as the man then boarded the boat.

I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

I pushed through the crowd as I went to look for the man. I saw his brown curly hair make a turn on the boat.

One step closer

'Who is he?! Why do I know his face?!' I kept thinking.

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

I lost sight of him, I looked around, looking for him and that's when I saw his curly hair.

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

I pushed through the crowd again, only it was like a title wave and pushed me back. 'No!' I panted as I looked at the man.

One step closer
One step closer

I fought against the wave of people and saw he was leaning against the railing. He looked sad, there was string wrapped around his dark briefcase and he sighed. He turned, saw me, his eyes went wide and he was in shock.

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

I walked up to him, I stared at him as he stared at me, I studied his face, 'I know his face from somewhere...' I thought as I saw love and sadness in his eyes as he looked at me. I moved a little closer to him, expecting him to move back because some random ass stranger was staring at him. But he didn't move. He didn't move an inch, he just watched my eyes. Our noses brushed against each other as I tried to remember who he was. His scent smelled familiar as well as his face, I then pressed my lips against his. 'Yeah...just kiss some random stranger Y/n...cause that's not weird' I mentally spoke, I was about to pull away but he kissed back. Our lips moved in sync. Everything then came back to me. We pulled apart for air, I smiled and placed my hand on his chest as our foreheads sat against each other. "Hello, Newt..." I whispered as he looked at me and kissed me again passionately.

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

______________________________

Did anyone else see this playing out as a movie? Or was it just me? Like I imagined as I was writing, the song swelling near the end as he kissed you again and then the camera panning away as the two of you kissed on the boat. No? Just me? Okay...also, this was my favorite thing to write.