Chapter 6

[PAST]

"Yerin-ah!" Dongmin opened the door to the Fantagio practice room, smiling and bounding towards me with excitement.

Yoojung looked at me straight in the eye, as if asking: 'you'll be okay, right?'

No, I'm not going to be okay.

How can I be okay with avoiding him?

Lips together to form a thin smile, I raised an eyebrow at him as I continue to eat my chips, "What is it?"

From the corner of my eye, I could see Yoojung shaking her head in bewilderment. As if asking: 'is this what you meant by avoiding?'

"Doyeon and I..." He smiled brightly at me. "we're dating!"

Yoojung choked on her ramyun, and Dongmin handed her a tissue, still smiling brightly.

Me, on the other hand, just stared at him.

Doyeon and him...

They're dating. I don't have a chance.

Yoojung chuckles nervously, standing up, she bids goodbye to the both of us.

She did not just leave me alone with Dongmin.

"What's up with the both of you?" Dongmin asks, looking at me weirdly. "You weren't like this a week ago."

I sigh shakily, preparing to say the speech I've been preparing for days now.

"Dongmin...I don't now how to say this, but...." I chewed on my bottom lip out if nervousness, "I'm leaving Fantagio."

Dongmin looks at me, mouth agape and eyes filled with confusion. "Wh-what? Why?"

"I can't stand being with you anymore..." I say softly.

"What?" Dongmin looks like he's about to cry any moment soon.

No, Dongminnie....please don't cry...

"I-I..." My breath shutters, "I just..."

"Did I do something?"

"No."

"Then why..." 

"Can't you see, Dongmin? I love you!" There. I said it.

"What..." He says slowly.

What's with this guy? Is he a robot?

'What?' is a nice answer, Dongmin-ah.

I laugh bitterly, "I know you'll never get the meaning of that."

"But as much as I hate you, Lee Dongmin,

I still want you."

I sigh, remembering that day.

That day that broke our friendship.

"Like your eyes that twinkle,
I'll tell you a precious story."