Skull

Rider found you sitting with Mask drinking fruit juice. You looked ecstatic at the taste of it, saying that it's been a while since you had any. Both of them didn't believe that was the truth, but let it slide because you looked so happy.

"It's almost nine, [Name]. Are you going to head home soon?" Rider asks, and you nod.

"I think so. I stayed up late last night so I might as well sleep in tomorrow morning." Is your reply, [eye colour] eyes watching the past crowd slowly break apart. Mask nods, rising from the chair and stretching back into his usually slouched stance. Both of the two inklings were taller than you, and Mask was slouched!

"I can walk you home, [Name]," Mask says quickly, Rider glancing over to him quickly. The two share a look as you sip the last of your juice, looking at them curiously.

"Thank you, Mask. I think I'll be alright, though. A friend of mine is passing by, and she lives right beside me." You say with an apologetic look, the two nodding.

"It's fiiine, have a goood onee!" Mask says, then wanders off. Rider nods, walking in the direction the two of you came from earlier. Once they turn around, you open your phone to look at a map of the general area and to the tallest building.

Thanks to somebody tossing a perfectly good Splatterscope in a bin, equipped with an ink tank of purple ink, you made a path all the way to the top of the building, tapping into the 'elite' part of your skills and scaling the building like butter on toast.

Once you reached the top, you sighed with relief and leaned against the ledge, [eye colour] eyes watching the sky closely. The Splatterscope brushed against your stretched out legs, which drew your mind to that.

'Who tossed out a perfectly good weapon like that?'

Before you could examine the weapon for any noticeable defects, a dark purple squid drops over the side of the ledge where you climbed and lands roughly. You jump, concerned for the harsh landing and rush over to scoop up the purple squid. When you lift the squid with the intention of asking if they're alright, you notice the skull mask.

"Are you okay?" You ask, gently holding the squid. It blinks, showing no sign of pain.

You sigh, relieved.

"O-oh geez! I should put you down," Embarrassed, you go to place the squid down on the ground so that they can turn back into their kid form, but the squid wiggles quickly.

Pausing, you stare at the purple squid.

"You... want me to keep holding you?" You said slowly, unsure if that's what it wants. The squid nods, and you shrug.

"Okay."

Returning to the ledge you leaned against; the squid ends up in your Zekko Redleaf Coat you took off and made a comfortable spot for the squid to snooze as you examined the sky and typed down notes on your phone.

It was around an hour later when you felt your eyelids become heavy. A loud yawn escapes your lips, and you rub your eyes, the brightness of your phone causing them to sting.

You look down to the squid peacefully sleeping on your lap, your arms awkwardly circling your bundled up coat before you felt yourself succumb to sleep.