Chapter 4

"Mmm..." i groan. I slowly open my eyes and realize I'm on the floor.

I weakly reach up to the back of my head and wince in pain, as i look at my crimson fingers the memories from before come rushing back to me.

"Shit..." i mutter, carefully standing up i i grab hold of a nearby ledge in the control room and lift myself off the ground.

I go toward the the window and see there are no more meteors flying around my shuttle, i make my way to the exit door and tether myself up to check the damage outside.

Clinging to the edge of the shuttle, i take a look around and see both my engines completely damaged and barely working ass well as the sides of the shuttle. Feeling tears threaten to fall down my cheeks i pull myself back inside.

"What am i supposed to do..." i mumble and curl into a ball on my bed letting the tears fall. I glance down at my watch and notice its 5 am, having a feeling my parents should be awake i climb off my bed and go to my IP Phone and call them through Skype.

Letting the phone ring i soon see a screen appear and see my mom looking through at me.

"Hey hunny! How are you?" She asks.

"Hey... mom. Is Asher up for school yet?"

"Um, no he usually wakes up around 5:30, you know how slow he takes to get ready." She chuckles

"Okay... could you get dad?"

"Yeah, sure." My mom says, calling my dad over to the phone.

"Hey pumpkin sorry I couldn't talk to you yesterday i was building a 'space station' for Asher." My dad tells me.

Seeing my dad i let my tears that i have been holding back out, letting them glide down my flushed cheeks.

"What's wrong?" Both of my parents ask.

"I-I was stuck in the middle of a meteor shower, i have sever damage to my shuttle that i can't fix without proper tools. My engines are barely runnings anymore." I cry out.

"I... I don't understand, what does this mean?" My mom asks quietly.

My dad goes to comfort her, both of them knowing what I'm about to say.

"I'm drifting in space and i don't know where i currently am, and i don't know how much longer the power will stay on." I break down, shaking.

I could hear my parents crying with me, none of us saying a word.

"P-Please don't tell Asher yet, not until after he gets out of school. I don't want to make him worry yet." I say quietly, soft hiccups leaving my mouth. "I still have an escape pod, but since i don't know how far the next planet is, so I'm holding off launching it, that is if meteors haven't damaged that too."

"Is that Ella?" I hear a familiar voice say in the background.

"Hey buddy!" I say happily, quickly wiping away my tears.

"How are you sissy?" He asks.

"I'm doing great buddy!" I lie. "I miss you so much!"

"I miss you too! When are you coming home?" He asks excitedly.

"I don't know yet, but i promise when i do know, you'll be the first to know." I whisper the last part to him.

"Alright Asher, time to get ready for school." I hear my mom say to my brother.

"Okay! I cant wait to tell my friends that i talked to you today!" He says. "I love you Ella!" He says happily.

"I love you too Asher."