Chapter 13

We walked for a while longer until my stomach cried for food.

"Hey... is there any food to eat around here" I grumbled.

"Yes"

With that he slung me on his back. "Hang on tight" he said.

"Okay"

He began to run fast, the trees became a blur in my vision. I gripped onto his broad shoulders and waited for him to stop.

After a minute he slowed his speed down. And jogged over to what seemed to be a town.

"Where are we...?" I asked looking around.

He walks over to a bush and sets me down.

"My home, stay low and be quiet, if they find you, you're dead..." he says crouching down to my height. "I'm going to get some food"

With that, he left.

I hope he doesn't bring just fruit, because that's all I've been eating here for the past few days.

I waited for a while.

Then I waited longer.

And finally I waited until dark.

I move some of the rocks near the trunk of the tree and rested against it.

I turn my head to the right wondering where Arden went. God I hope he didn't just leave me.

I wonder why he said the others wouldn't like me. I mean yeah I crashed on their planet but it's not like I wanted to.

I grabbed a near by stick and began to draw in the dirt. It's dark but I can still manage to see a tad bit due to the buildings lights, as well as having the tree behind me glow a neon blue hue.

I began making some sort of zentangle design near my feet.

Where the hell is Arden, I thought he was grabbing food.

My thoughts lingered a while longer debating if I should take a nap here or climb up the tree and rest there.

I probably should stay down here because the light from the tree would probably cause confusion and they would find me. Also because Arden wouldn't know where I went.

I lay down opposite from the the town/village and close my eyes.

"Arden you better come back"

As I'm resting my eyes and slowly drifting off into the black abyss of sleep, I hear footsteps coming from behind me.

"Well it's about damn time you-"

I freeze.

That isn't Arden.

That isn't even a human.

It looks like the beast from the other night... that attacked me.

I stay there, frozen in place. Seeing nowhere to go.

It stares into my eyes and looks slightly to the right. And walks away.

I breathe out in relief. What the hell is that thing even doing over here? Can't it just go somewhere else.

I put my hands over my eyes and rub them, trying to get the sleep out of my eyes.

I roll over on the right side and jump.

"Arden? What the hell?"

"What?"

"Where have you been?"

"I was getting food and other stuff for you"

"What stuff?" I ask as curiosity clouds my mind.

" clothes, food, and some stuff I thought would help you tell what's going on around here"

He tosses over the bag to me and i rummage through it.

He got some pretty decent clothes from what I can see. I take out what looks like some sort of watch.

"What is this?" I ask.

"It's a kyik"

"It looks like a watch from my planet, how does it work?"

He taps a button on the side and the screen glows but it also doesn't show just on the screen but in 3D. I set the 'kyik' down and stand up.

"Wow..." I say.

As I stare at it I hear a crack behind me.

Arden quickly grabs his bag and turns off the the kyik.

"We need to go, they saw the light from the kyik."

He grabs onto my arm and slings me onto his back, while carrying the heavy bag.

How the hell is this dude so strong?

He sprints through the forest but stops, staring into the void of the forest.