Chapter 8: Romance: Obsession

Anna Wilson's Point of View

"Since you're just the referee, I order you to bring the team some water..." I stated at Ares as he stood infront of me after the tiring practice.

"I cannot hold some plastics alone but I think I'm gonna need your help..." he insisted while holding his hand in his pockets.

"Mr. Simons!" I called on the players at the bleachers. Well, Frankson Simons is the African-American player of the team. He's also the most responsible, most loyal and most industrious player of them all. No doubts but he's one of my favorite players.

"Coach?" He asked nicely, already beside me.

"Do you mind on helping Mr. Kings bring the water bottles for the team?" I asked nicely with a serene smile.

"No. I don't mind. I can help..." he replied and faced Ares whose face looks murderous.

"You go. I'll come after." Ares growled rudely at Frankson. I didn't miss how Frankson gulped with Ares' different attitude today. Frankson walked away as fast as his foot can.

Look at Ares! His poker face awhile back turned to a frightening stare like he wanted to murder him. I decided to look away from him, I stare down at my shoe.

"Why are you smiling at him?" He asked and directly, I know it's for me.

"I'm being nice to him unlike you, you don't deserve a nice treatment since you're acting like a kid. You're just absent for almost a month but you still think of yourself to be treated nicely..." I replied but still avoiding his eyes.

"Why? Did you missed me?" He asked, exactly changing the topic.

"Why would I?" I crossed my arms and turned to look around.

"Because I missed you." He stated seriously. I suddenly want to run away or punch his pretty face in the air but I didn't do it.

"Your water job." I reminded him as I remember his tasks. But instead of doing so, he stood still on his phase.

I groaned at him.

"Your job I said." I strictly stated while worrying about Frankson who came with a box of mineral water bottles. He carried it alone with his sweat running down his forehead. I badly wanted to help him but this billionaire infront of me used his tower-like body to cage me.

I glared at him.

"Mr. Kings... out of the way." I stated but he's still there in silence while staring down at me.

Then something dawned me! Urgh! Francis! Ares' statement awhile back makes a conclusion about Francis's attack.

"Mr. Kings, you're the one who badly beat Mr. Walters, aren't you?" I asked, pointing at him.

"Really? Do you have any evidence that it's me who did it?" He asked with eyebrows raised.

"You admitted it!" I replied with a snare and unwrapped my arms around my chest and placed them on my waist.

He smirked. "He deserves it. That's what he gets when he mingle with what's rightfully mine..."

Rightfully his? What is that thing?

I was about to fire back when Frankson came with another box of mineral water. He looks so tired.

"Mr. Kings, go and help him." I ordered him. He gave me a playing smirk before running towards Frankson. He carried the box that Frankson was carrying while heading to the other box.

Frankson had himself his towel while his sweat dropped down his forehead.

Oh... poor Frankson.

"Mr. Simons, take a rest and get yourself a bottle of water." I stated at him as he nod in reply but still on a respectful manner.

***

It's getting late already. Time check... 5:36 PM. Four more minutes and it's time to go home.

"Are we gonna go home?" Blake asked while holding his shoulder bag on his right shoulder.

"Wait for the bell to ring." I replied and headed towards the stock room to fix the basketballs that rolled on the floor.

"Goodbye coach. See you tomorrow..." they greeted while waving their hands. I left them and entered the stock room.

Oh my, balls and ring nets were all around the floor and they are need to be fixed every after the practice.

I started picking up the balls to bring them to their places but they are so many and I cannot do it alone myself. No way...

"Need help?" Someone asked from rhe door but I didn't dare to look at him.

"Thank God, yes please. I needed some help..." I stated back at the door and just realized who asked that. None else but Ares.

"Oh, sure..." he came and stood beside me while wiping the basketballs and bring them to their box. I just collected the broken nets on the floor and put them in the recycling bin.

I didn't dare to give attention to him. I just want this to be over and nothing to talk about.

"I'm honest with what I said awhile back." He stated all of a sudden, cutting the silence.

"You said what?" I frowned but didn't dare to look at him.

"I missed you."

As I turn to look at him, I didn't miss him heading on the door. But what surprises me is that he locked it!

"What are you doing?" I asked.

But he just grinned and pulled a cabinet and locked it on the door.

***to be continued***