2

As we pull into the full parking lot, Nikki and Ryker run up to our truck. Simultaneously they rush, "Ivy, Quinn, you have a visitor in the front office. They wouldn't tell us who. Just that the principal wants to see you both. Do you know who it could be?"

I grin at the two of them as the four of us leisurely walk toward the office. Quinn just looks at them with a raised eyebrow. His look says, do we look like we know who's at the office waiting for us? The thing about my favorite cousin is that he is not much for words. He also is not very fond of being an expressive person. Especially when the people that are around are strangers or he doesn't trust very well. The few people that I have ever encountered that could read his face: myself, the people on our team, and my aunt. They are the only people who can read him no matter what.

Nikki suspiciously gazes at Quinn and says, "You know, I will one day crack that mental code of yours. And I find it unfair that Ivy is basically the only person who can read you. Totally unfair."

I laugh out right at her. She prettily pouts at me and tries to get Quinn to help her. She says that I'm "being mean." (This is where I'm rolling my eyes at her immaturity.)

About this time, we arrive at the double doors of the front office. The room is full of our team, the secretary, the principal, two men, and Quinn and myself. I push my way up to the front of the room...right behind Quinn. I look behind me at one of the strangers. He has light brown shaggy hair, bluish-green eyes that can remind one of the clearest space in the ocean, and he's wearing faded jeans with a hole in one knee, black tee shirt, and he's wearing combat boots.

He looks really familiar. Where do I know him from?

I look over at his companion and notice that he looks almost identical to the first stunningly attractive guy. The only difference is that instead of a causal dress, he's wearing black slacks and a white suit shirt. Oh, and he has a buzz cut instead of a headful of hair.

The first guy, the one wearing jeans and a tee shirt, grins over to me. As he flashes that hot grin, he also flashes fangs. Dammit, he's a vampire. Just what we need in the school.

The principle looks up from the paperwork in his hands to notice that he had everyone that he apparently needed. He gently smiles at me and says, "Ivy, let me introduce you to the newest student body, Gregory, and his uncle, Colton. They just moved here from New York. You are going to be his student to student mentor. Ok?"

I nod because this is just what is expected of me. I joined a student organization early in my high school career, mostly because my aunt and uncle wouldn't stop asking me if I joined in one. The S2S organization, or student to student, is all about integrating new students into the older student body. It can sometimes be difficult because of the how few new people we get. But over the last year, I seem to be the only one who gets to really integrate the newest students. Anyway, I look over at Quinn. He is staring at the new guy, the one in jeans (not the one in a suit).

Mr. Steele continues, "Quinn, Aleksei, Nova, Killian, Blair, and Jaxon, you will all also be his guides. You will all receive his schedule and his locker number. Gregory you will receive a copy of each of their class schedule. However, you have most of your classes with Ivory, you have a couple with the rest of these students. Now, when you all receive your paperwork, you need to get to class. The tardy bell has already rung. Good bye, everyone."

We recited, "Good bye, Mr. Steele."

I continued alone, "Hi, Gregory, my name is Ivory. My friends call me Ivy. This is a good school to be at. We have a lot of advantages over many other schools in the state. We have a good pool and gym. We have a brand-new auditorium that was just built maybe two years ago. And we have really advanced classes. The one thing that you will find in while attending this school is that none of the students will slack off here."