4

The next week was close to the same as the first day. But Gregory did not have to introduce himself after the first day. But Saturday was different. We had to survive Gregory coming to invade our home. We had to act like nothing was different, like it is a regular day. Which seems extremely weird to me. But the day was coming faster than we want it to.

That day was a cleaning day. We cleaned all day and by noon the house was clean. Not that it was dirty. In fact, it was pretty clean compared with when there were multiple babies that the same time under the same roof. But by the time it was four, we were all setting around or occupying ourselves with something It was quite relaxing. Even fun.

By the time the doorbell rung, Quinn and I had forgot what was happening today. The two of us raced to the door. But when I opened it, because I won the race, and Gregory and a stranger was standing on the doorstep. It whipped the smile off my face.

"Hello, Gregory," I was still having a funny feeling when I look at him.

He replies, "Hey, Ivory, Quinn."

Was there jealously in his tone? It would be funny if there was. But Aunt Cat and Uncle Ian was there moving us out of the way.

We started whispering after twenty minutes of watching Aunt Cat fuss and Uncle Ian fight with Jade and Ryker. "Ivory, how long will we have to do this thing? Did they say anything to you? This is starting to feel funny to me."

"I know, I can't figure out what's up with this. I don't' like the feelings either. Do you know anything that might be withheld from me?"

He said, "No, I don't know anything. But..."

Aunt Cat came over to us and said, "You two should stop whispering to each other. There's company and you two should talk to the others. Not just to yourselves. Involve yourselves."

Now that was so unexpected that we did what she wanted. Not that we wouldn't do it anyway. But I hung out with family until I could get to the phone.

I called Blair. I said, "Hey, Blair. Can you come over?"

The reply was quick, "Why? Are they there?"

"Yes. So, can you?"
"Oh, yeah. There are no way you guys are going to be there by yourselves. Give me a few minutes to get there. Do you want me to call the others?"

"No, just you. Thanks. I'll let Quinn know. Later."

"Later."

I went up to Quinn and pulled him out to the porch. I relied the info, "Blair is coming. Do you want to call the others?"

He said, "No just the three of us should be good. If anything happens we can call the others. When is she going to be here?"

"In a few. She just left her house."

He bowed his head in a gesture of respect, "Thank you. Let's get back inside."

Quinn and I went back inside and waited for Blair to come. By the time that she finally came, Quinn and Gregory had finally went for each other's throats. But thankfully, I was the only one that was in the room, so I stopped them from hurting each other. But then the door rang, and James yelled out through the house to tell us it was Blair.

I told Quinn, "Go get Blair and go to my room. I'll be there in a minute." When he hesitated, I barked, "Now!"

When he was out of the room, I looked at Gregory and found him looking at me funny. I said, "What are you looking at?"