Chapter 136

"Dude, you're jacket's been buzzing," said Dk.

"Huh?" Ren looked at his jacket with quizzical eyes. He and Jisoo had been back for just over half an hour. He thought he'd put it on silent.

"Sorry, let me go check," the others continued working as Ren fished for his phone. As he took it out he saw that a call was coming currently coming through.

"Chae?" he answered.

"Ren, I..I..." his brows furrowed hearing the state she was in.

"Breathe Chae. Breathe," Dk and Chungha were closest to him and stopped what they were doing upon hearing his words.

"Re..Ren I'm at the police station. Yo..you need to come ple..please," though the alarm bells were screeching in his head he replied without hesitation.

"Okay. I'll be there soon."

Ending the call, he signaled for everyone to gather towards him. Hearing his tone, they hurriedly made their way to him.

"Something's happened with Chae. I have to go to the police station. I'm going to go tell Jisoo but we'll probably need you to call Teddy. It sounds serious," he said.

"Woh, wait. Let us come with you," said Dk.

"Yeah if Chae needs us I want to be there," said Aron stressfully. Jiequong placed a hand on his shoulder, hoping it would calm him down.

"Ok look, let's just go to Jisoo and tell her. She should be with Mr Kim now," said Ren and they all agreed, making their way to the house.

Mr Kim was surprised to see that the whole group was inside his office. Jisoo gave them a questioning look and was about to ask why they weren't working but Ren stopped her.

"Sorry that we just came in here. But something has happened to Chae. She called, saying she's at the police station and that she needs me to come."

"What?" Mr Kim stood up in concern

"But she was at the office when we left talking to..." Jisoo chose not to finish her sentence, seeing how worked up Mr Kim already was. She didn't want the old gentleman to have another stroke.

"Okay, okay, okay. Listen, me and Ren will go to the station see what has happened. I'll call Teddy to come and fetch everyone," said Jisoo.

"I'm coming with you," said Mr Kim.

"Sir, you can't. You are still in a fragile condition. Let us go see what's going on," said Jisoo and seeing the seriousness in her look he conceded.

"Alright Jisoo. How about I let Jennie know?" Ren and Jisoo shared a look before she replied. They were both thinking the same thing. Hopefully things didn't go bad with Jennie and Chae's talk.

"Yes Mr Kim, get in contact with Jen. Ask her to talk to Chae as soon as she can," said Jisoo and with that everyone scurriedaround to get ready to leave