Chapter 7.

I woke up the next morning freezing. I tried to get up but something heavy was holding me tight. I realized it was Cameron's big muscular arms around my waist. I looked up and saw we were in his room. "How'd did we get here?" I ask playing last nights memories. Cameron then woke up. "Hi." He said. "Hi. Cameron how'd we get in your room." I asked. Well last night. In the forest you fell asleep but you looked uncomfortable so I carried you all the way home." He said proudly. "Aww Cam." I say kissing him. It soon turned into a make out session. He laid me on my back and continued to kiss me. "Cam we can't do this." I said as he kissed down my neck. "Your my step-brother." I said. He looked at me. "Exactly. STEP." He said. I smiled and kissed him shortly and sweetly before going back to my room. Once in my room I laid on my bed. There was a knock in the window I looked up and saw the lady from the diner. She opened my window and came crawling in like a deformed creature. "Cameron!" I yelled backing up in the door. "Cameron help me!" I yelled. My parents weren't home since they had work. "Kayla what's wrong?!" Asked Cameron walking in. I looked at him and pointed to the lady. "Kayla there's nothing there." "Wha-?" I looked back and there wasn't anything. "Kayla maybe your just being paranoid." He said. "Your right. Sorry." I said closing my door. Maybe I just need sleep. I thought to myself. I laid on my bed and got under the covers. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I was with Cameron. We were at the public pool and no one was there except us. I wanted to get in but Cameron didn't. I jumped in and when I came back up, Cameron was in the water pushing me under. I then realized his eyes were the usual light brown anymore, they were deep, dark black. After a while it finally hit me, he was drowning me. I tried to swim back up but he didn't let me. I choked on water and couldn't breathe. There were voices in my head saying,stay away from Cameron or you'll get hurt. There was this creature underwater coming towards me. I started screaming but nothing came out. I just choked on more water.

I sat straight up with sweat on my forehead and my arms shaking. I was screaming. I looked around and saw a worried Cameron at the door. He came over to me and sat on my bed. I crawled back in fear. Remembering what the voice told me. "Kayla,what's wrong?!" He said. "Would you ever try to kill me?" I asked looking at me hands. "Of course not Kayla. I lo-I mean you like my best friend." He said. "Oh." I said. "So when's you big softball game?" He asked. "Oh shit. That's today." I say. Its 3:30 and it starts at 4:15." I ran up to my closet and put on my black softball pants and neon green Jersey that had out team name written across, Chaos. I forgot Cameron was still in here so he basically just watched me strip. He whistled and I shot him a glare. I put my hair into a high ponytail and ran downstairs. Cam followed me. He phone rang. "Hold up I have to take this." He said. "I'll walk to the park." I said. The park wasn't so far from my house.

The game was about to start and so far only my mom was here. I was first basemen and we were outfield first. The first batter hit a pop fly. "I got it!" I yelled letting my other teammates know. I caught the ball and that was one out. Out after out the game was almost over and Cameron nor my dad haven't shown up. I was the last batter and we were tied. Bases were loaded and if I hit a home run,we would win 14-10. The pitcher was buff,and over aggressive with the ball. She spit on it a lot. The looked me dead in the eye as if saying, Hit this and your dead. I looked back at her with no fear what so ever. The pitched the ball and I swung. I hit it over the fence. The crowd went wild. All saying my Name. "Kayla! Kayla! Kayla!" On and on. I was so happy. We won the game which means we go to finals. We shook the opposite teams hands and told them how great they played. They were really good. I ran to my mom screaming. "Mom! I did it!" I yelled as she hugged me. "I'm so very proud of you Kayla. Why don't I make you your favorite for dinner tonight,Chicken Alfredo?" She said. All I did was smile and nod my head.

Once we got him I went upstairs. I heard moans coming from Cameron's room. I already knew what was happening. Everything inside me collapsed. All those things he said to me were real. They were all lies. I opened the door and saw the one thing I never wanted to see, Clarity on top of him. She noticed me. She got up with Cameron's shirt on. "Bye." She said. Before slamming the door in my face I saw Cameron's eyes full with sympathy and sorrow. All I could think was, stepbrothers are a pain in the ass.