Chapter 10

I couldn't sleep that night. I kept tossing and turning. It was already 1:24 am. "Can't sleep?" I sat up and saw Dylan already looking at me. I shook my head. "Can I show you something?" He asked. I nodded and he came to my bed. "Put on shoes and a jacket. Follow me." I put on my ugg boots and my pink sweater. I followed him out of the room. "Won't we get into trouble?" I asked trying to catch up to him. "No. Well I don't know. Just come on." He whispered. We got into the elevator and I felt as if I could breathe. "Never broken the rules before?" He asked. "Isn't obvious?" He chuckled. We stopped. I looked out and it was the roof. "Why are we up here?" I asked. He grabbed my hand. "Look. What do you see?"

"I see buildings." "No. You got to see beyond that." "Uh okay. I see, clouds. Dark clouds." "Beyond that too." "Okay okay. I see mountains. Their far far away." "Good. Now what do you think are up in those mountains?" "Snow. That's were all the rain comes from." "Good." I turn to him. He keeps looking at me. "What?" "I'm trying to see something in you." "Oh. Okay then. What do you see?" "I see. A girl. Not just any girl. A beautiful, amazing girl. She has a dimple on the right side of her cheek. It shows when you smile. And even though her hair is in a messy ponytail, she couldn't look better." He says. I smile. I look at him and see him looking at my lips. I started to lean in. So did he. Before I knew it, we were kissing.

We kissed for a while until we were both out of breath. He smiled. So did I. "Let's go before we get into trouble." He said. I nodded. "Wait. But what dose this mean? Us." I asked confused. "It means, that I feel that it's safe to have a date with you now." He said. I smiled and followed behind him.

Cameron's POV
I was at a bar. Drunk as hell. Shot after shot after shot. I just wanted to numb the feeling of Kayla being...sick. If she dies, I don't know what I would do with myself.

My vision was blurry and I just wanted to be happy and feel good. So I did what any other drunk guy would do. Find a desperate slut, and take her home.

It started with a kiss. Then I took her shirt off and she took mine off too. Things sped up and we were in my room. I had a condom and slipped it on. I wasn't that drunk. I entered her and for once in a long time, I felt good. "Oh my god...Kayla." "What." The girl said. "My names Vivian." She said. She pushed me away and got dressed. She left. I was alone in my room. I put on my boxers and fell into bed. "Why'd I say Kayla?" I asked myself. "We can never be together. She's my step sister." But I knew I had to have her. Or I. Would. Die.

Kayla's POV
The next day, me and Dylan stayed in the whole day. He said since we couldn't leave the hospital, that we would have our date here.

He told me to wear something casual and to meet him on the roof. I was wearing light washed jeans and an Arctic Monkeys shirt. I was hoping on my crutches to the elevator.

Once I reached the roof, I got out. To my surprise, I saw Dylan sitting at a chair. There was a blanket on the ground and two sandwiches. I chuckled. "My lady. This way." He said jokingly. I laughed and sat on the opposite chair. "You look beautiful." He said. "Thank you." I blushed.

We sat on the blanket. We talked and talked until we practically talked about everything there was to talk about. We looked up at the sky for a while. It was night time so we saw the stars. "Kayla?" He asked. "Yea?" "Do you wanna maybe be my girlfriend?" He asked. I smiled. "Kayla!" I turned my attention to Cameron. He was running out the elevator. He looked like he had a hangover. Wait. "Cameron. You drank?" I asked. He nodded. "I'm sorry I just couldn't stand you being sick." I stood there shocked. "You couldn't stand it? You? I'm the one with the fucking disease! Cameron! Is that all you think about? Yourself?" I was angry at this point. I was looking Cameron straight in the eye. I hopped over to him. He was giant compared to me. "Well..Kayla, for all I care, you could die. I don't care if you survive or not. Either way, I don't want you here." He said. "You-you-what?" I sniffled. I felt tears threatening to spill. "I want you dead." He said. "Careful what you wish for." I said bumping his shoulder while walking around him. Dose he really want me dead? Maybe I should grant his wish. But I'm worth so much more than that. All these thoughts were running through my head. I was no longer hurt, I was angry and confused. I went to my room and locked the doors. I went into the bathroom and trashed everything. I found a razor and made cut after cut in my arm. I turned on hot water and put my cut arm under it. I screamed in pain. "Kayla open the door!" I heard Cameron's voice. I heard the room door slam down. I turned of the water and grabbed the blade. I waited silently as blood dripped down my arm. "Please, Kayla open the door." He knocked it down. I put the knife close to my stomach. "Wait. Kayla. Don't." "Why not? You want me dead. Remember. So why don't I just do it." I raised the blade. I was crying. "Just let me go Cam." I whispered. He stopped my hand and pulled me into his arms. "Hey off of me!" I yelled. I banged on his chest over and over again. "Kayla stay with me. Please. Be with me. Why can't we date. You could be my girlfriend. Live happily ever after." "Oh but Cameron. This isn't a fairy tale. There are not price charmings. No happily ever after. This is reality. And everything great in reality, always has and end." I said. I put the knife into me. Waiting for my reality to end.

Cameron's POV
"What?" I pulled away from Kayal. I saw the knife stuck in her. "I love you." She gave me one last smile. Then, she was gone. "Kayla?! Kayla stay! Please stay. I need you." I cried caring her. "I love you too."

1 month later
I woke up. Another night in Kayla's room. I've been sleeping in her bed ever since. Hoping it was a dream and I would wake up with her in my arms. I rubbed my face. Today was the funeral.

I dressed in my black suit and got into the car. I waited for my mom and, dad. We drove silently to the ceremony.

"-yes I may never get to see her, graduate or get married. But I will remember everything I did see her do." My mom finished up. It was my turn.

"Hello. My name is Cameron Dallas. And I am Kayla's...stepbrother."
____________________________________________________
Omfg! This book is over. I can't believe it. I really hope you guys liked it. I'm sorry if this was trigger to you guys! Sorry. But thank you for your votes and comments. I love you all!