chapter three

TIPS 

COVER:

- Is the cover attractive/aesthetically appealing?

- Does it fit the story's genre?

- Does it have a high quality/non-gritty background image?

- Is the text legible and easy to read or does it fade into the background?

- Is the title catchy and unique?

- If you ever want your cover critiqued, we have a channel dedicated to graphics over in our Discord Group!

YOUR STORY:

Synopsis:

- Do you have a synopsis? (Stories with a synopsis have a much high chance of getting reads)

- Is your synopsis gripping?

- Does it make the reader just have to know more?

- Is it an accurate description of your story?

Plot:

- How does the story overall make the reader feel? Does it fit the genre?

- Did the Romantic suspense make your heart hammer like a nail all while simultaneously making you melt from the love between the hero and heroine?

- Did the mystery have you guessing who the villain was the whole time? Were the red herrings sprinkled throughout to throw you off the true villain's trail?

- Were you swept into the fantasy world woven through the pages as you watched the princess overcome her past and fight for her future?

- Is the story believable? 

-Do the characters have good chemistry (whether its romantic/friendly/family)? 

- Is there good pacing with the ups and downs of the story?

- Does your story paint the picture without going over the top in the description?

Characters:

- Is your main character likable?

- Is there character development for the main character and supporting characters? (We always want to see a strong character ARC)

- Do your characters grow emotionally, spiritually, and mentally?

- Is there good chemistry between the main character and the other characters? 

Descriptions:

- Do your descriptions add to the story? Or are they too much and detract from the theme? 

-Does your story transport the reader to the time and space where the story is and make them feel like they are living in the character's world with them?

Overall:

- Do you feel that your conclusion is satisfying for the genre?

- Are there any loose ends that need tied up?

- Do you see any potholes that need fixing?