Great Gatsby au

Theseus glanced at you from the corner of his eye. You both were sitting in the Minister's office. She had called you both in for a special mission, and Theseus was thrilled that he got paired with you. He had known you since 4th year in Hogwarts. And he had had the biggest crush on you since forth year.

He met you by chance durning a quidditch game. He was chasing the snitch not bothering to notice where he was going, and the snitch led him into the opposing teams side. He had lept off his broom to catch it and had collided with you knocking you got he floor of the stands.

He had apologized profusely and all you could say to him was I guess you just knocked me off my feet and you winked at him. He remembered turning red and stuttering, unable to form a complete sentence. He hadn't even caught the snitch, his teammates had to come and drag him back into the field. You had just giggled and blew a kiss at him as he resumed playing.

For the rest of the game he couldn't keep his eyes off of you and Hufflepuff ended up losing the game to Gryffindor. Right after the game he  scanned the crowd looking for you. And he had found you only to find that you had a boyfriend and was heartbroken.

Nonetheless you two still did become friends and even after you had broken up with your boyfriend he still couldn't find it in him to ask you out. But he did stay by your side all through Hogwarts and all through Auror training. You both had been stationed at the British Ministry, and even after all these years he could never bring himself to ask you out. He didn't want to ruin your guys friendship so he silently suffered as he watched you flirt with Charles from The Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes.

He hated Charles with his perfect American boy good looks, with his slicked back blonde hair and blue eyes. He was always flirting with you and you always flirted with him and...

"Mr Scamander. Mr. Scamander can you hear me!" The Minister yelled at him knocking him out of his thoughts.

"I- um. Yes Minister." Theseus blushed at the realization he hadn't actually been listening.

"I'm sure you were." She glared at him and he wanted to sink lower into his chair. "As I was saying you two will be infiltrating the big party Jay Gatsby is having tonight."

"Jay Gatsby? Why isn't he just another harmless, rich and snobby muggle?" You asked as you crossed your arms across his chest.

"Muggle no. Harmless he's far from it." Theseus answered cutting off the Minister. The minister leaned back in her chair clearly not impressed with Theseus' interruption. "I'm sorry Minister."

"No I insist continue since you think you can provide a better explanation to Ms. (y/l/n). Than I, the elected official Minister, can" Theseus turned bright red and cast his eyes downward. You stifled a giggle. Theseus smiled at the though that he had done something to make you laugh. "As I was saying Jay Gatsby is not a muggle he is a wizard."

"What really?" Your eyes widened in interest. you leaned forward and the hem of your dress slid up and Theseus averted his eyes.

"Do you really think an ordinary muggle would be able to bootleg that much alcohol?" The Minister tosses to Manila folder at Theseus and you. You both took them and opened them up.

"Fair point. And I knew no muggle could be that good looking." You starred down at the folder that had a picture of Gatsby attached to it. He moved in the picture turning over his shoulder as if the photographer had caught him my surprise. Theseus felt a rush of anger as he watched you admire the picture of Gatsby.

Ahem." The Minister cleared you out of your fantasy's about Gatsby. "And normally we don't intervene in these types of things but Gatsby is becoming hazardous. If he continues scamming muggles at outrages prices he could get caught and expose our world."