Great Gastby Au pt. 3

"I take it you're not from around here?" Gatsby led you away from the rail making sure to keep his hand on your waist and you could feel it inching its way southward.

"You could say that." You had your arm looped through his. You looked over your shoulder trying to catch one last glance at Theseus, but he was no where to be seen.

"You seem distracted." Gatsby grabbed your chin lightly turning it to face his gaze. His blue eyes seemed to shimmer in the low lighting making them seem like two deep blue oceans in which one you stepped in you could never escape the tide.

You found yourself leaning closer and he did as well, his eye lashes coming to rest on his cheeks. You had to stop yourself from leaning in and moved to the side close to his ear to whisper. "I just want to make sure we aren't being followed." A shiver ran down his frame. "I want us to be alone Mr. Gatsby."

You pulled back to see him full on again. Red dusted the entire face of Gatsby all the way down to his Adam's apple. "I love it when women take the lead." He wet his lips and pulled you closer to him to where your arms were looped together again. He leaned in and in his raspy voice whispered, "call me Jay."

He continued to lead you out of the way from onlookers and into a darker wing of his mansion. As you walked he made small talk and you kept it going asking the occasional question. He answered every one with enthusiasm and watching him made you giddy, seeing how much passion he had for the things he loved. You even lost yourself a bit in the role, finding yourself wanting to know more and more about this so called criminal. But you kept your questions to yourself, and directed the conversation back to his bootlegging business.

"I mentioned earlier that my boyfriend and I were interested in becoming part of your business." You pulled away slightly and rested
your hand on his forearm.

"Hmm. Did you I don't recall that." Gatsby pursed his lips in thought.

"Really? I asked your right before-"

"Oh that's right. I remember I just got distracted by your beauty." He winked.

You snorted, sniffling a laugh.

Jay looked hurt at your reaction. "What I thought that was pretty good."

"No it was so bad." You laughed out. "So cheesy! You Americans have such poor flirting skills." You kept giggling as Gatsby tried to remain frowning but he gave up a smile despite himself.

"I'm not that bad."

"Oh yes you are."

"Well fine then. If you're the expert on flirting why don't you show me how it's done."

"What no way." Your laughing seized. But a smile was still on your face.

"Yes show me how it's done." Gatsby moved closer to you, you stepped back and felt your back hit the wall. He trapped you between his arm leaning his weight on it. He slipped the other one in his pocket.

"I don't think you need any help." You felt your face heat up at his actions. "I take it back."

"Oh really." He brushed your hair from your face and ran his hand down the side, tracing the curve of your face. "I don't think anyone is better to teach me than someone as charming and as beautiful as you Ms. (y/l/n)."

"Now that was smooth." You smirked, your face continuing to heat up.

Jay let out a laugh but still kept you trapped by his arm. You noticed how when he smirked or laughed his dimples showed. Theseus has dimples. Theseus. You shook your thoughts of him from your head. You needed to focus on getting Gatsby to trust you so you could capture him.