Great Gatsby au pt. 2

Warning: some mentions of smut

The fireworks burst over the mansion in array of colors. Everyone cast there eyes upward to see the light from them shimmer down. A chorus of oohs and ahh's mingled among the crowd. But your eyes remained in the balcony where Jay Gatsby has been standing a moment ago. Theseus kept his eyes on you watching the blues and pinks form the fireworks highlight your skin in a warm glow.

He thought about how breathtaking you looked in this lighting and how he had been in love with you from the moment he saw you at that memorable quidditch game. How he had spent basically the last decade watching you gallivanting around with other men.

Coming by your apartment in the morning with breakfast only to find some random guy stumbling out of your apartment in only his trousers, pulling his shirt over his head. And Theseus would turn to go home because those moments were the hardest.

He needed to talk to you about his feelings because as he watched you stare up at the balcony he knew that if he didn't someone else would take his place. Gatsby was all that was swarming in your mind.

He watched you make a move forward. You darted straight into the crowd of people that blocked the stairway. Theseus tried to grab onto you and nearly missed your hand. But he secured it and pulled you back, you stumbled into his chest.

"What's the rush?" Your face heated up as you let yourself enjoy the moment of having your face pressed against his warm chest. He swayed slightly to the music, he had his hands placed on your hips and you could feel them ever so slowly sliding their way down lower.

"We need to find Jay Gatsby, you know the drill." You looked up with your big doe eyes. He started at you watching your (y/e/c) eyes reflect the colors that surrounded you.

"Well yes but no one said we couldn't have a little fun." He pressed himself closer to you and twirled you around slowly. The music was fast pace and you weren't with the tempo of it but you didn't care. His cologne was so strong and you were so close together it felt as if you were the only two standing in the room.

You forced yourself to snap out of the moment and push slightly away. You felt his grip loosen. "We're on a mission Theseus not a date." You said with a slight edge in your voice.

Theseus have you a hurt expression but he quickly covered it. "Fine. But it seems as if your mind is on something else other than just taking Gatsby in for interrogation."

"What?" You asked surprised.

Theseus pursed his lips and titled his head up, his eyes still stayed on you. He took his arms away from you and crossed them over his chest. "I think you fancy Gatsby."

You rolled your eyes, but heat still consumed your face. "Theseus that is-"

"Absolutely true." He cut you off.

You looked up at him. Why was he getting so defensive? So what if you liked the way Gatsby looked. It was hard not to. "Why don't you like Gatsby?"

"I never said I didn't like him."

"Well you're acting like you despise the man when you never even met him." You cross your arms over your chests mimicking Theseus' stance.

"And you're defending a man you don't even know. One who is a criminal in bootlegging alcohol and one who is known to be a womanizer." He spat at you. You took a step back, never in your entire time of knowing him had Theseus talked to you like this. With coarse words and distaste. He never lost his temper with you and you knew something was off with him tonight but you just couldn't place it.

"I know what he's described as being. And so what if I "fancy him" we're not here for me to snog him or for us to fix his morals. We're on a mission and I'm going to get the job done whether you help or not." You turned on you heel before even seeing his reaction.