eight

jina and hyunjin came home after going out to get ice cream. hyunjin plopped down on the couch while jina put a few in the freezer.

hyunjin went to his room which was downstairs and jina went upstairs to her room to change into comfortable clothes.

when she was about to open the door to her room she could hear someone talk.

it wasn't her mom but a guy? no, two guys?

she ran downstairs and barged into hyunjin's room while he was changing his clothes. he flinched, while jina hit his arm while panicking.

"what are you doing, can't you see that i'm changing?" he asked her with a frown.

"i don't care, there's someone in my room, err no i heard two guys talking in. my. room." she told him and pointed towards the door.

"uh what the fuck? is mom home?" he asked. she shook her head as a reply and pulled him by the arm.

"can you check for me?" she asked him.

being the nice brother hyunjin is he nodded and opened the door. jina followed him from behind while holding onto the edge of his shirt.

it's just a habit of jina, holding onto the edge of hyunjin's shirts.

hyunjin slowly opened the door and there were eric and haechan sitting on jina's bed.

"finally you're back." eric stood up without greeting them.

"w-what are you doing here?" jina asked while popping up from behind hyunjin.

"oh h-hey. eric wanted to hangout, but you guys weren't at home so your mother told us through the phone to wait inside." haechan explained.

"and you guys decided to wait in jina's room?" hyunjin raised a brow.

"uh yeah. your room's a mess bro." eric told him and walked out of jina's room, going downstairs with haechan following from behind.

eric has been to their house so many times he basically lives there.

"i didn't even know they were coming?" he shrugged his shoulders.

"me neither."

they hung out at the siblings' house for the rest of the day, since it started to rain all of a sudden. they played games, made some ramen and now they're all doing their own thing.

it had stopped raining after eating and eric was chilling on the couch, hyunjin was in the kitchen, haechan was looking around the house and jina was on the balcony scrolling through instagram.

she flinched when she heard the door to the balcony open. she turned her head and saw that it was haechan.

"o-oh sorry to interrupt your alone time, i'll be going now." he said and was about to turn back around but jina stopped him.

"nah it's okay, you can stay if you want." she said and gave him a small smile, he awkwardly smiled back and stood next to her.

"we're really awkward in real life huh." jina said out of nowhere, haechan nodded his head and chuckled.

"how did you find that sticky note anyway, i've never been to your school before." haechan asked her.

"oh it wasn't at my school. it was just a library in the city." she answered, he nodded slightly and faced the front again.

"hey i have something for you." jina suddenly said and held up a fist.

he looked at her in confusion but put his hand underneath hers so she could drop it. instead she interwind their hands together.

haechan was taken aback, he blushed and his ears turned red. jina giggled but after a minute haechan didn't let go so she started blushing as well.

they stood like that for a couple minutes, until they heard the door open.

"i mean they could— oh there you are." hyunjin looked down at their hands, "holding each other's hands." the guy frowned.

"i disapprove." he stated and put his hands on his hips. they immediately let go of each other's hands.

haechan rubbed the back of his neck and jina avoided eye contact.

"what do you mean?" jina asked, trying to avoid what happened just now

"ooh! i see ice cream! yo come downstairs!" eric yelled. thank god eric saved the awkward situation.

hyunjin sighed and left them. hadchan and jina glanced at each other but then immediately looked away.

what's this weird feeling? is this what liking someone feels like?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

this chapter was very cliché i know, hope you liked it tho :)