thirteen

jina and hyunjoon were still together, walking around the city.

jina looked at her phone to see that it was already 6 in the evening, she turned her head towards hyunjoon.

"hey, do you want to eat somewhere?" jina suggested, but hyunjoon hesitated.

"ah sorry, my mom told me to be at home before six. how late is it?" he asked, hands in his pockets.

"it's already past six.." she told him and bit her lip.

"oh god uh, sorry i have to go now." he said, scratching the back of his head.

"no it's okay! hurry home, your mom is probably worrying about you now." jina said, giving him a small smile.

he returned the smile and nodded.

"alright then, i'll get going now. it was fun spending time with you, bye!" he waved goodbye and so did she before parting ways.

little did she know that he was lying.

hyunjoon opened the front door of his home and muttered a lazy.

"i'm home." his mother ran towards him, cutely waiting for him to put his shoes away so she can give him a hug.

"you're home early." she said, finally giving him a hug while he walks towards the couch.

"yeah." he smiled and plopped down on his couch.

"she didn't like you? or was it something else?" she asked him.

"no i just—" he interrupted himself by sighing, "she has too many male friends, it bothers me." he added.

"aww son are you jealous?" she laughed. hyunjoon shook his head, a tint of red spreading across his cheeks.

"n-no, i just give up. she doesn't like me back anyway." he mumbled softly, but of course his mother heard that.

"well, there are tons of other girls walking around in your school." she said while walking towards the kitchen.

"they're nothing compared to jina, they're too obsessed and flirty." he thought, sighing.

guess i'll just have to move on.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

some of you were a bit confused about hwall being jealous of jina having male friends.

in korea a lot of people think you can't be friends with the opposite gender, since there's always a possibility that there's something more. i don't think everybody's like that but in this case it is. i hope that explains a bit :)