Chapter sixteen.

"Aye, where's John at?" Ringo asks. "I dunno. He said he needed to do something," Paul says, looking up from his bass he was packing away.

Just on time, John comes stumbling down the hall with a mischievous smirk on his face. When his eyes land on us, he breaks into a huge fit of giggles.

"What's up with you?" George asks. Johnwaves his hand dismissively in the air and grabs his coat. We all shook our heads, forgetting about it. This is typical of him anyways.

Just as we were exiting the door, we hear a shriek. "What've you done?" I say, looking at John with wide eyes.

"It was George's idea!" he points at Geo quickly defending himself. "I didn't do nothing," George tells us.

"Alright you bum, tell us what you did," Ringo fusses making me giggle. "I put cockroaches in her shoes," John admits, bursting into another fit of laughter.

"John, I was only joking," George tells him. "Oh I wish I could have been there to see her face," Paul says. John laughs even harder, putting his hand on my shoulder to stabilize himself while he hunches over.

"If you laugh any harder you might couch up a lung, Lennon," Brian says, coming out of the studio doors, looking at us with scrunched eyebrows.

"Afternoon,Epstein," Paul calls, waving to him. He nods his head and continues to his car and leaves.

"Say, John, is that Cynthia?" Paul asks, pointing to a car. John immediately straights up and fixes his hair, running a hand through it.

"Who's Cynthia?" I ask to no one in particular. "John's wife," Geo tells me. "John married?" I say surprised. Out of all of them, I figured he'd be the last one to settle down.

"Yeah, and he's got a son," he says. "Really? When do I get to meet him?" I ask. I can already imagine a little John running around, reeking havoc.

"Hey, Cynthia," Ringo greets her as she walks towards us. "Hello, Ringo," she smiles sweetly.

"Why are you here, Cyn?" John asks after pecking her lips. "I came to pick you up because you don't have time to go out today like normal. Julian won't stop crying and I need your help," she tells him.

"You left him home alone?" He asks. I'm assuming that's their baby. He looks around panicked. It's cute to see John worried about his little baby. What a cute family.

"No you idiot. I left him with Vikkie, but we need to get home now," she says, grabbing his arm and dragging him away. "See ya boys," He salutes.

"How cute. I can't wait to meet his baby," I say to George once they are both gone. "Yeah? Well maybe we can visit over the weekend. Julian loves visitors," he tells me.

"Yes! I can't wait," I cheer, leaning up on my tip toes to press a kiss on his cheek. "Have I told you how beautiful you look today?" He whispers, putting his hands on my waist so I can't move away.

"No," I blush. He tries to kiss me but I push away. "Not in front of everyone, Geo," I whisper.

"You didn't care this morning," he says, pulling me against him again. Still a bit shy, I give him what he wants. But only for a short few seconds.

"What do ya say we ditch those two and hang out at my place?" He asks me, nodding towards Paul and Ringo.

We were planning on going to the bar with them and John, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to miss it. I mean John couldn't make it anyways.

"Yeah," I agree. He releases me and tells the boys. "Alright, lets go then," he says, grabbing my hand.

The drive was short because their wasn't any traffic.

"Would you like tea?" he asks me once we are inside. "Yes please," I say, taking a look around his apartment. It's very nice. I mean it makes since. I bet he has quite a bit of money.

There is stairs in the corner so I guess it's two floors. It's not that big though. About the same as mine.

I sit on the couch and George joins me a few minutes, humming a tune and two cups of hot tea.

"Thank you," I say. He nods his head and pecks my cheek. "We'll be finished filming soon," he tells me.

"That's good, you'll finally get a break," I say. "Yeah, I break would be nice," he agrees, resting his head against me. "We get the whole month off," he adds.

"Let's watch a movie," he suggest. He stands up and turns on the tv to whatever channel is on.

He sits back down and leans against the arm of the chair, his long legs taking up all the room. I climb in between them and rest my back against him.

I close my eyes and lean my head on him. I wish I could stay here forever, but I know I have to get home to mom soon before she worries.

"Georgie." He doesn't reply so I say his name again, thinking he was concentrated on the movie. Still, no reply.

I turn around and peer up at him. His eyes are closed. He must be sleeping. I sigh and escape his embrace. I write a note on a pad of paper and set it on the coffee table.

I kiss his cheek and whisper, "goodbye, Georgie." I leave as quietly as possible so I don't wake him.

***

"Hey, mom," I greet her, walking into the living room where she is seated reading a book.

"How was your day, Kim?" She asks me with a big smile. "Quite stressful actually," I tell her. "I had a bit of a run in with one of the actresses."

She pats the seat next to her and I sit. "Tell me about it, sweetie," she says. I just summarize how Pattie likes George and doesn't like me. I also told her about how John put roaches in her shoes.

"He seems like a real trouble maker," she says, shaking her head. "Yeah, He is. A big one at that. He's always up to something. I don't think I've heard Brian call him by his first name because he's always yelling at him," I giggle.

I remember that it was just today when John put salt instead of sugar in Brian's coffee. He ran down the halls yelling, "Lennon! I'll murder ye, I swear!"

"At least he's standing up for you," she says. "Yeah. They're a good lot," I say.

"How's George?" She asks. "He's good, mom," I tell her. "Have you invited him for dinner? I would love to see him again," she says.

"Sometimes I think you like him more than I do," I joke. "How about I invite all the boys over?" I ask. "That would be lovely, dear. If that's what you want," she says, trying to hide her excitement.

"Yeah, I'll give them a call tonight," I tell her. "Wonderful," she claps her hands together and runs to the shelf, grabbing a cookbook. "I have to find the perfect meal," she explains.

I smile and head upstairs to phone the boys. Mom is going to be thrilled.