Chapter twenty-three

March 20, 1965

Life has been pretty great these past few months. Mo and Ringo got married in February after finding out she's pregnant. We all took a trip to the Bahamas to film another Beatles movie.

George and I are still madly in love spending lots of time together. Brian and I have also became more aquatinted with one another.

He's almost like a fatherly figure to me, but more of a friend. Usually when he calls about business, we'll spend some time afterwards just talking about life.

•••

I woke up to a phone ringing. I get out of bed and rub the sleep from my eyes.

"Hello," I say, groggily. "Did I wake you up, darling?" George asks.

I smile and sit in the side of my desk, twirling the tele wire in my hand. I suddenly don't care that someone is calling this early.

"Maybe," I giggle, "good morning."

"I guess you haven't looked outside then?" He sighs. "No, why?" I ask. "Don't freak out, Kim, but they found out where we live," he tells me.

"Please tell me this is a joke," I beg. "No, I'm sorry Kimmy. I can try to push through everyone and come over," he offers.

"George, as much as I'd love to see you, that isn't safe," I tell him. "What do I do?" I ask.

"Just stay inside, and if your curtains aren't closed then don't go downstairs. I'm sorry, Kim. This is all my fault," he sighs.

"I should have been more secretive to the press about you," he says.

"George, don't say that. It's not your fault, okay?" I assure him.

"Hey, Ill call you right back, I've got to do something, and Brian is going to call you," he says. "Ok, love you, George. Don't blame this on yourself please," I whisper before hanging up.

I waited about 5 minutes before the phone rang. "Hello," I say. "Hello, Kimberly. It's Brian. I wanted to talk about the, situation," he says.

"Yeah, George told me but I haven't looked outside yet," I tell him.

"It's probably best that you don't look. They might see you. Anyways, George and I have already looked at apartments for you two to move into. After it dies down, we'll start to move your things immediately," he informs me.

"Okay," I say. "Hey, I know it's upsetting to move from your home, but it's never a good idea when fans know where you live," he tells me, his voice softening.

"I know, Brian," I say. "I got to get off now. Just remeber not to go outside. Don't let them think you are home, even. The less publicity they get, the sooner they will leave," he tells me.

"Okay, thank you," I say before hanging up.

I waited about ten minutes when I heard a loud knocking. My heartbeat got fast. I feared it was some crazy person trying to get in.

It sounded like it's coming from the hall at the fire escape.

I slowly opened my bedroom door and poked my head out. Sure enough, a man was standing in my window on the fire escape tapping on the window.

However, I realized that it wasn't any threat. I opened the window and let him inside.

"How'd you get over here?" I ask him. "I went out the back side of my building and walked all the way down the street to the end of the buildings then came this way and up your fire escape," he explains.

"You must really love me," I tease, kissing his cheek. "A lot," he says, nodding his head.

***

We are currently lounging on my bed. I'm sitting against the headboard and George is laying down with his head on my lap.

"I was looking at apartments to buy you," he tells me. "George, you aren't buying me an apartment," I say, picking at pieces of his hair.

"I'm not buying you an apartment. I found a house-"

"Ok, you are definitely not buying me a house. Getting that store for me was enough," I cut him off.

"The house is for me, Kim, but I was wondering if maybe. Maybe you would like to move in with me?" He stutters, messing with his fingers.

"I-" he cuts me off and sits up, turning around to face me.

"We've been dating for a year almost and I really, really love you. I just feel like it's the only way I can keep you safe," he explains, looking deeply into my eyes.

I smile and roll my eyes. "Well, your flattery is well appreciated, but I was going to yes if you'd let me finish," I tell him.

He breathes a sigh of relief and leans forward. His lips meet mine in a short but sweet kiss.

"I already bought it so I'm glad you said yes," he says. "You're crazy, George," I giggle.

"Do you want to go see it?" He asks. I nod my head with a smile. "Let's go," He says, pulling on my hand.

"Now? Did you forget all the reporters outside?" I remind him. "Eh, we can push through them," he shrugs his shoulders and pulls me with him to my bedroom door.

"Wait! I'm still in my pjs," I tell him. He laughs and lets go of my hand. "Oh yeah."

I run into my closet and change into red shorts and a black blouse.

I rejoin him in the hallway and grab his hand. "Alright, darling, lets go," He says, kissing the top of my head.

I got nervous as we approached the front door. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" I ask anxiously.

"Don't worry. Me cars right in front of the door. Besides, I'll keep ya safe," he assures me. "Promise?" I say, giving him a pointed look.

"I'll always protect ya, Kimmy," he tells me. I smile and kiss his cheek. "You're the sweetest, you know that, Geo?" I tell him, wrapping my arms around him in a hug.

He smiles and leans down, puckering his lips up. I giggle and kiss him quickly. "Let's go then," I say.

He pushes me in front of him and wraps his left arm around me tightly in a protective manner.

He pushes the door open and we step out together. Girls start screaming, cameras start clicking, and reporters start yelling.

George offers a small smile and I keep my head down. He rushes me to the car and opens the door for me, makes sure I'm in safely, then goes to his side.

"Brian's going to kill us," I say as we pull out with fans following behind.

"Even Brian can't keep me away from you," he says in a cheesy, mocking voice. "Lets run away and get eloped, my true love," I tease back.

He laughs and leans over, kissing my face quickly before looking back at the road.

The house is a little out of the way of London. The ride was about an hour.

It had gates around it that say, Kinfauns.

He parked the car and looked at me, waiting for my reaction. "It's, uh, huge," I say, looking it over nervously.