Chapter One

Aloha!! I would like to apologize to those who have previously read this story.  I did some major edits and changed the storyline completely.  Although I kept the title, that is the only similarity to the previous story.  

I do not own any of the characters of this story.  The main characters are based on the television series Once Upon A Time and the character of Stephanie Plum is a Janet Evanovich character. 

The storyline differs from that of the television programme but does contain many similarities. 

All photos attached to this story do not belong to me, I googled them and found them.  The cover utilized three separate photos to extract the characters of the story.  

Hope you enjoy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

"We've got another jumper, Swan!" Cheryl called out to her boss as she entered her office.

"Seriously?" Emma Swan sighed. "When will these idiots realize they can't getaway. Give it to Plum, I'm busy."

"No can do, Stephanie is already on a case. You'll have to take it." The redhead replied knowing her boss was going to have a hissy fit.

"Just great!" The blonde grumbled. "I thought if I were to have my own business that it meant more time to do things that I want to do. Is there no one else?"

"No, they've all got cases. And if you wanted to do your own thing every day then you shouldn't have taken over this business. You have the most successful bail bonds business in the state and you are the top bonds person, yet to lose a case. So, suck it up, Princess." The older woman reminded her boss as she dropped the file on Emma's desk and returned to her own office.

The bondswoman had made it mandatory that she reviews each possible client before accepting the case so, with a sigh, Emma picked up the file to reminded herself with the facts of the case. She had started White Swan Bail Bonds two years prior, after working seven years under the previous owner, Jefferson John. When he retired, he offered the business to Emma at a very reasonable price, a price that Emma could not refuse. She restructured the company and changed the name, keeping a handful of JJ's employees. Her best bonds person, aside from herself was Stephanie Plum. Stephanie started out in New Jersey working for her cousin when the women met each other on a job and hit it off straight away. Stephanie was the first-person Emma thought of hiring when she started the business and invited her to join White Swan.

Two hours later, and Emma was frustrated. She had searched online and called around to her contacts for any information on her latest jumper but came up empty-handed. Storming out of her office to her secretary, she glared at the woman that was busy filing documents away.

"I can't find a darn thing on this perp." She growled slamming the file onto Cheryl's desk. "Not one scabby detail! How the hell am I supposed to find him with nothing to go on?" Emma whined.

Turning her head towards her boss, the secretary smiled apologetically. "Oh, did I forget to mention that his girlfriend said he might be in Maine, in a small town called Storybrooke."

"Now you tell me!" Emma rolled her eyes angrily. "Does this mean I have to go on a damn road trip?"

"Well, that is what she said. She even gave the coordinates because it's supposedly not on any map. I looked at maps online, and she was right but when I entered the coordinates, it just looks like a forest. She did promise that the place is there. It's actually only a few hours' drive away if you want to take the chance. Or you can just lose the money." Cheryl challenged knowing her boss will not so easily give up.