Chapter Three

Before the Sheriff could reach the mother and son, Emma stood in front of them and shoved the Sheriff away. Eyes glaring a neon green color, she pounced above the fallen Sheriff. "If I ever see you try to touch either of them again, I will end you! I will not stand here and let a man touch a woman or a child. I don't care what story tale you think you're living, but this is the real world and you are a damn Sheriff. You're supposed to uphold the law not break it!" She threatened. The blonde was livid, her body was heating up and breaking out with sweat, she was on the verge of hyperventilating.

Regina observed the sudden change of the newcomer and was amazed to see the flashing eyes of the blonde. She rushed over and placed her hand on Emma's upper arm. "Emma, calm down. Take a breath and release it slowly, Henry and I are okay." She soothed.

Emma's body responded to Regina's touch instantly and calmed down. Turning to face the vision of beauty that eased the rapid tension in her body, Emma blinked. "I'm sorry, I don't know what happened. That's never happened before."

"That's quite okay, Miss Swan. Thank you for protecting us."

"No problem, I will always protect the innocent, especially a mother and child against a male." Emma returned before casting a deathly stare upon the Sheriff. "However, Sheriff, I will be keeping an eye on you, whether I'm in this town or not. Now, if you don't mind, I really do need to go and arrest August Booth. Please give me his father's details, or I can just go back to the diner and ask any one of the townspeople, whom I'm sure will be happy to tell me."

"Please Emma," Henry begged once more. "He's sick, and he was helping me that is why he returned. You can't take him back, he will die. You need to break the curse!"

Sighing deeply, Emma kneeled before the young boy. "Kid, there is no magic in this world so there is no curse. I'm sorry that August is sick, but he did some bad things and he needs to pay the price for his deeds. Maybe the Judge will be considerate and allow him to return here to see out his days instead of sending him to jail, but I do need to arrest him." Emma replied before standing and looking at Regina. "And, if I were you, I would keep a tab on who you let your son hang with, August Booth is bad."

"Excuse me? How dare you tell me how to parent my child. I'll have you know that I trust August Booth, he assists Henry in his writings. We're not all saints as you believe yourself to be, but don't you dare question my parenting, Miss Swan." The brunette ranted.

"Woah! I'm not questioning your parenting; I'm just offering advice." Emma corrected, overwhelmed by Regina's anger.

"Mom, tell her about the curse. She needs to believe; you know she does." Henry cried.

"Henry, I don't think she will believe me, I'm sorry." His mother apologized dismissing the subject. She was trying to calm down but was losing focus. How dare Emma Swan question who she allows her son to spend time with.

Henry looked at his brunette mother, shaking his head. "Emma, ten years ago you give a baby up for adoption, that was me." He bluntly stated as if he was not delivering life-changing information.

The two women gasped with shock. "Whoa kid, I don't have a son!" The blonde declared.

Again, Henry looked at his mother sharing a look of love with her, hoping she will understand the reason he is doing this and had no intention of hurting her, but her anger was still evident and he watched as she clutched her fingers, forming fists. Reaching over to take a hand in his, he unclenched hers and held on tightly as he continued to speak to Emma. "I am your son. I was born on August 15, 2001, in Phoenix Arizona, days later my mom adopted me. You need to believe Emma, there is a reason you are here. You're a little early though, you're supposed to break the curse in your 28th year."