Chapter Six

Prepare for some drama!

Make sure to make that star glow orange, dears. Share your thoughts. Love you all to bits!

•••

vi.| THE BAT AND THE STRONG

"Baby sister, how I missed you!"

"How we missed her, Arnold." Arlo corrected, pushing Arnold from the screen. "Stop owning Karrie like she's yours."

Karina had to stifle her laughter. She was still in bed, hair haphazard and messy. She was awaken by the vibrating phone on her bedside table when the twins decided to call.

It was hard enough to pinpoint who Arnold or Arlo is, they had the same blue eyes and sandy, blonde hair. Identical dimples and a mole at the side of their mouths. They were each other's carbon copy, identical in features but different in traits.

Arnold's the sweet and cheery type of guy. Karina remembered when she explained the difference between them with Alejandro and Tatiana at grade school. While Arlo's the brooding type, but sweet in his own way.

"We're in Seattle, our projects been going on for two months now." Arlo said, nonchalantly. "Arnold here is the same old pervert, always eyeing the fresh actresses like pieces of candy."

Karina raised her brow. "I can't imagine." She drawled and Arnold pouted. Hard to believe the man was twenty-five.

"You've gotten prettier, princess. I'll bet there are dozen of men lining up to your house, waiting to sweep you off your feet." Arnold sighs dreamily, eyes shimmering. "But that means someone will steal you away from us! No, no. Before a man approaches you, introduce that bastard to us first. We'll be the judge of that."

Arlo grunted, eyes rolling. Karina blushed fiercely. "I do-don't have a boyfriend, Arn, and if I did, you two are always the first ones to know. Remember Joshua?"

Joshua Brun. Karina's first love and boyfriend in college, a family friend. She found him charming and charismatic, but if it wasn't for his garbage of an attitude, he was a complete douche.

Arlo glared over the screen. "The audacity for him to cheat. He's not that good looking, though. He deserved every beating we gave to that Brun-child."

Karina tried not to wince but failed. "I love you four, dearly, but you don't have to defend me all the time."

"Nonsense! Even if you're wrinkly and old, you'll still be our baby sister." Arnold wagged his finger on the screen, clicking his tongue. "Tony said that to us one time, I swear he acts like an old man in a body of an old man."

She burst out laughing, wiping a stray tear that escaped her eyes. Even Arlo tried to hide his laugh with a cough.

"Did he confess his undying love to Tatiana yet?" Arnold asks, clearly irked. "If he won't, I'll do it. I'll happily donate my elite swimmers to produce good-looking baby Arnolds."

Arlo smacked Arnold's head to which the happy twin bleated.

"Idiot, keep your dick to yourself."

Oh, gods. Arnold will be the death of them.

"Anyway, aren't you two called on set yet?" She asks standing up and brushing her hair on the vintage mirror.

"We're on our break, Arlo directs the project by the way. Still a great damn director if you ask me." He grins at his twin and nudged him. Arlo grunted.