Amnesia

Hey Angus here, Not sure if anyone has actually been paying attention to all of this, but if you have. I hope you enjoy this! Please Rate and Comment, Appreciate it :)

The echoes of silence disturbed my hollow brain, shapes and colours slowly forming but disintegrating momentarily. I scream, frustrated that I could not fathom the fractures of my mind. I lay in a white, plain looking room, blue drapes covered the windows, but its translucence allowed spears of light to pass through. My senses started to come back, my ears reacting to the sounds of beeps, steadily, constantly, slowly repeating, similar to the irritating ticks of a grandfather clock. I was dressed in a large, white baggy cloak which covered my front and back. Ductile cylindrical pipes were attached to my hand, which seem to inflict a sharp stinging pain upon me if i tried to move them. Nothing made sense, why was I in such an alien room?

A heavy looking door opened and a slightly overweight woman barged in with a plastic clipboard which had pieces scraps of paper attached to it. She looked at me with what seemed to be an expression of shock and started to frantically spew short high-pitched squeals of noise from her largely disproportionate lips. Frankly, it frightened me. What was this woman doing?  Fiddling around with the device which I realised was making the beeping sound and sometimes when she was near me, it seemed as if she was going to fall straight onto me and crush me with her gargantuan weight.

She then called out to someone with her squeaky aggravating voice to a person outside of the room. A majestic being with an enthusiastic smile came in the room and my mind burned again. A memory of that exact same smile came into invaded my mind and the rest blurred out. Once more, I lay in a bed, but the room was different, it was blue, but not the dull type like the grim room, it was a magnificent royal blue that reminded me of something important. Next to me lay the girl, she slept beneath fluffy sheets of white, but fidgeted and murmured in her sweet slumber. My body moved automatically as if it were a repeat of a movie. I controlled nothing, was this body even mine? I felt myself move closer to the girl, reaching out towards her head, tucking the hair covering her face behind her ears and kissed her forehead, giving myself a view of her beautiful face. The girl unconsciously smiled, happily adjusting herself to the crook of my arm, lying on my chest.  I just stared at her for what felt like an eternity, something about her made me want to remember her face. I felt a flow of conflict, rushing into my brain, my whole being tried to send me a message that my still sedated mind interpreted as a painful migraine.

One word flashed bright, lighting the hollow chambers of my consciousness. It was there, the one word that seems to make complete sense yet seem outrageously irrelevant. Two words formed as one to create such an astonishing word.

I broke into an abyss where my mind returned to reality to find that not one second had passed by. The girl was still walking frantically into the room towards me, reducing the distance between us as if her life depended on it. She sat down on the side of the suddenly comfortable bed I lay in and hugged me. With an uncontrollable instinct, my arms wrapped themselves around her and I held her to me. Our bodies shifted against each other like a puzzle fixing itself, combining together to make one.

I brought my lips next to her ear and the mind boggling word reached the tip of my tongue and,

I whispered that one word.

ExtraOrdinary