Prologue

Dragonball C

Prologue 

Six years have passed since Goku left his home in order to train Uub in his small village. In order to make it easier for the child, Goku thought it would be best to train Uub from the boys home rather than his own, especially since Uub's power was really his doing in the first place when he asked for Marjin Buu's reincarnation. At the time he made that request, his thoughts were mostly focused on the good it would do to have someone that strong fighting as his ally when need be, as well as how good of a training partner and friendly rival somebody with that level of strength would be, but what he didn't consider so much was the amount of training and time required to hone such a potentially high power, and since Goku was responsible, he knew that he had a duty to this boy and to everyone else to make sure that Uub could master his strength as it grew with him.  

Lucky for Goku's saiyan appetite, Mr Satan, acting as Uub's financial sponsor, was more than capable of providing his family and village with enough money to live comfortably after the World Martial Arts tournament those six years ago, so Goku wasn't putting them out with all he ate.  

During his time with Uub's family, Goku became quite popular among the townspeople due to both his strength and his kind nature. Sometimes he would even allow some of the other children in the village to join in with them during their lighter training sessions, which they seemed to really enjoy and benefit from.  

He thought briefly for a little while about taking Uub to Mount Paozu to train on occasions but after seeing how extreme his power was and the destruction he caused when he lost control, the saiyan dismissed the thought. In order to keep Uub's power under control, Goku had to spend long hours on a daily basis training him strictly and monitoring his progress. He knew that if he were to go home, his family and friends would serve as a distraction from his duty and if Uub ever lost control and harmed any of them because of this, Goku would not be able to forgive himself.  

Part of him actually regretted the request he made to have Marjin Buu's power reincarnated. Sure, he loved training the boy, as well as spending time with him, but perhaps he should have considered the consequences of his request more. Sure, learning to control Uub's power would be very beneficial to the safety of earth were a new threat to surface; but was it really right to make Uub bear this burden? Or to make Goku's own family have to thrive without him yet again on the off chance something bad may happen? But what's done is done, whether a mistake or the right decision, it's something that has to be dealt with now. Goku would make absolute sure that Uub would master his power and go on to be a strong, healthy and happy person and he would go back to his family and friends even stronger, resting easy that he and Uub could protect them, along with the rest of earth, if the worst were to happen.