12

".....and so...here we are...swinging..." Jeongguk finished and the swing creaked.

There was a few splashes for a little while, as though V was thinking over his words.

Then finally he spoke, in between splashes, "That's rough buddy. So...everything's going to the dogs back on the mainland?"

"I guess so," Jeongguk sighed, "Eris is not to be messed with. Rosé's blood really amplified her powers and she's practically controlling Apollon's jurisdictions—the sun and spread of plague—plus she has the whole parade of chtonic monsters at her beck and call—the hundred-handed giants, you know, and those cyclopes, and that Kampé dragon—"

"Well then I'm quite glad we're down here don't you think?" V chuckled. "We're out of harm's way, no chance of being eaten by giants or going down with some sickness, eh?"

"Yeah hahaha imagine Zeus being chased around by those Hekathonaires!" Jeongguk cheered up at the thought and deepened his voice. "Oi! I'm the Head God and I make the rules here!"

"You left us in the pits guarding those megalomaniac Titans!" V responded, taking up the role of the giants, "it was so so so boring! Oh and hey Zeusy, you kinda take after your old man you know, he's always going on about how he's the head honcho and he will have revenge one day!"

V burst into peals of laughter, amused by his dialogue but Jeongguk froze, his movements stilled.

How could he have forgotten?

"Jeongguk?" V was confused. "Hey, something wrong?"

"Titans..." Jeongguk whispered but V heard. After all, it was dead quiet, aside from his continuous splashing which however always cut off abruptly once the loop started again.

"What about them?"

"What if....what if Eris is going to....release them? "

V's voice came back, slightly shaky. "Uh...bad?"

"Very bad. Apocalypse bad." Jeongguk was silent for a good few seconds before tossing his head in disinterest. "No matter, everything's finished anyway. They'll get what they deserve," he added bitterly.

Let those stuck-up gods watch as everything falls...

"Well, but what about the girl—"

"She's nothing, V," Jeongguk snarled as his heart clenched, "end of the story."

You as good as killed her. The accusation weighed heavy on his chest.

"Yeah?" V challenged, "Wanna bet?"

Jeongguk looked below him, annoyed. "Just shut up will you?"

"That's it!" V exploded, "I've had it!"

He sounded furious.

There was a sudden silence and then a low groan and what sounded like the cracking of bones from below. No splashes. Jeongguk peered down in alarm.

"V? What's going on?"

He thought he was dreaming when he felt a cold draught swirl around his feet and heard the distinct beating of—could it be?—wings.

And then out of nowhere a winged apparition flew up level with his face, practically slamming into his nose.

"I've had enough of you and your emotional constipation!" bellowed the apparition.

Jeongguk gave a high-pitched scream. "Get away from me monster!"

"Uh! Excuse me? It's me, V, you brat!"